chapter 4

scar's pov :
ezra gets back this week. i've been talking to my mom about it because i'm nervous about the whole me and chris conversation. today chris is going to hangout with some of his friends coming down from the college he's going to. but yano it's okay i figured i'd just hangout at the cabin. "hey scar. i'm headed out. you gon be okay?" he asks, "yeah of course. be safe and have fun!" i smile, he kisses me goodbye. i was kinda sad because i wanted to be with him before ezra had gotten back but it's okay. my mom and the rest of the family were out on the lake with there boat so i decided to sit by the pool with my book. i lather myself in tanning lotion, after putting a small bikini on. my phone gives me a notification that someone's at the door, i put my book down and rush to see who it is. "hey is chris here?" a tall fluffy haired boy says, "who are you?" i ask, "oh i'm markus from wsu. i'm playing football with him" , "oh um he said he was suppose to meet you guys somewhere. maybe he forgot, would you like to wait here for him" i say, "yeah , is that okay?", "no yeah come in" i open the door.
me- hey, your friend markus is here. i let him in, i figured hed just wait here until you came back
chris🤍- oh shit. okay. alls good? i'll be home around 6.
"so how do you know chris?" he asks as i make some snacks for us, "oh well. our parents have been friends since we were babies. but we are dating now." i say looking up, "oh! well he sure is lucky huh" he says which kinda makes me uncomfortable but i figure he's just being nice, "so are you guys just visiting from washington or?" i ask taking him out back, "oh well yeah me and two other boys who play football with him are down here just to visit. it's beautiful here" he says, "yeah. that's cool though. i mean i know how excited he is to go up there" i smile.
-
around 5:30 chris texted me to let me know he was on his way, i set up a movie for markus down in the theater room as i change. i throw on some flare sweats , leaving my bikini top on.

chris' pov:
me and my boys from wsu head into the house. "scar?" i call for her, they follow me around looking for markus and her. i open the door to our theater, and he's close up next to her while they're watching some movie. she's only wearing her bikini that exposes her body infront of him and knowing markus he's definitely looking at all that. "hey?" i say awkwardly, "chris!!" scar says hoping up from the couch to me, i give her a half hug and take markus and the boys out to the back  fire pit.
back to scar's pov:
i noticed chris was acting kind of distant, when he had gotten open but maybe it's just cause of his friends so i don't mind. our parents get home and cook dinner for all of his friends including me. i barely seen chris all day so during dinner i go out back to sit with him, "yeah bro i'm so excited for this season-" his friend bables off, i hand them each a dinner plate and try to give chris a quick kiss on the cheek but he pulls away and gives me a look. what the fuck. hes been so lovey dovey this week since he asked me to be his girlfriend. i get his friends are there but not even a quick kiss, i sit next to him and place my head on his shoulder to see if he'd be okay with it. "scar im trying to have a conversation with my friends. maybe just go inside for now" he scoffs,
i'm so confused and hurt. i leave my plate and go up to my room, "hey love-" my dad tries to stop me but i rush up into my room.
-
chris' friends had left to there hotel for the night so chris was alone now. i knock on his bedroom door, "can i come in" i ask, "mm yeah" he says, he's sitting under his covers on his phone. "what was all that for" i ask, "what was what for?" he says still looking at his phone, "chris what the fuck are you being so mean for?!?" i say raising my voice as my eyes water a little, he looks up from his phone and places it down. "i'm sorry" he says, "whatever chris i'm going to bed. night" i shut his bedroom and close mine behind me.
i scroll on tiktok and get multiple messages from him apologizing. i fall asleep.
chris' pov:
i feel really horrible about being so mean to scar earlier. i've just been overwhelmed with college, and i got jealous but it was so dumb. i love her so much and i never mean to hurt her. i give her some space for a second, at 12am i walk over to her bedroom. i knock but no answer, she's asleep. "hey" i say sitting at her side brushing her hair with my fingers, she flutters her eyes and looks up at me, "hm?" , "i'm really sorry about earlier scar. i was jealous of markus being so close to you and because of how you were dressed it all just threw me off but i don't know why it shouldn't matter either way. you're my favorite person and i never meant to do that again" i say looking at her pretty hazel eyes, "i know chris. you're my person. i just don't want my heart to hurt everytime you get upset and don't talk to me. i just need you to communicate with me" she says sitting up and placing her hand on mine, i've never communicated well with people in my life. i'm not exactly sure why but it's really hard for me and i'm scared to open up with scar.