chapter 10

scar's pov:
my phone alarm goes off. i sit up and my head is pounding, "hi" chris says w his hand across my lap, i look at my phone and it's 10am. "i've gotta head to the field at 2" chris says, "how are you feeling?", everything he was saying was so loud and this hangover is bad, "i'm sorry" i apologize, "why?", "because i got too drunk and it's your day" i say playing with my nails, "no baby. it's okay. you're okay. i grabbed you a breakfast sandwhich already and a coffee plus tylenol to help with the headache and stuff" he says, "you're too sweet chris" i say grabbing his face and squeezing his cheeks together. even though chris was a 6'2 football player, he had a sweet sensitive side especially with me, which i love a lot. chris loved getting back massages from me before his games, back when we were at the cabin he use to beg me ever since we were little because he said i was the most gentle with him. i helped chris pack all his bags and some protein snacks before he took his shirt off and laid on the bed face down, his huge back muscles were revealed which btw is so sexy. i grab some of my mango scent lotion, straddle his back and rub it down his shoulders and back muscles. "mm yup still love this" he says muffled sounding sleepy.
-
       chris took a small nap while i got ready. i curled my hair and put a hoodie under his red jersey with some leggings and uggs because of how freezing it gets here at night. i pack my own bag with some blankets and a beenie as well, family gets to go in VIP on the field to watch. "we gotta get going" i tell chris trying to ease him from waking up, "mmmm" he groans, he sits up and i give him a huge hug, eventually he picks me up and spins me around, "i love you scar. thank you for being my biggest supporter." he kisses me, "always will be". he grabs his bags and i grab mine, a bus takes the team over to the stadium. the football director takes me up to a specific area on the field level to sit w all the other families, "hey. good luck. i'll be here no matter what. i love you" i say to chris before he goes with his team, "i love you baby" chris says kissing me before heading out. i feel his anxiety but i know wsu got this in the bag.
-
4th quarter

        the score is tied right now, chris has been making a lot of our td's and i'm so proud of him.
eventually UW makes the final score and my heart breaks for chris to be honest. when uw got the final touch down, chris slammed his helmet to the turf and it broke. i watched as his friend went up to him to cool him down and he pushed him to the ground. chris has horrible anger problems especially when it comes to football because of how serious he takes it.
-
i pack up his bag and my own, and pack it in the uber i got us instead of riding the bus back with the team. chris comes out of the locker room w his pads and helmet in his hand, "hey, you guys did really good and i'm really proud of you" i say grabbing his hand, he lets go and talks to some of his team. on the way over to the car he is completely silent and i know he's upset but him ignoring me makes me really anxious.
-
once we get to his dorm he carries most of his things upstairs and when i finally shut the door behind us, he sits on his bed and cries. i've never seen chris cry before, "hey talk to me" i say running my hands through his hair, "i fucking worked so hard for this game scarlett. you have no idea", "i know chris. i know. you did and you deserved to have won. but guess what you and your team are gonna learn from that. you did amazing , i promise and i know how hard you fought to try to win. i'm still proud of you no matter what" i say, he lifts his head and grabs me to hold him. "i love you" he kisses me, "come on let's go shower" i say.
-
     chris lays his head with wet hair on my chest with his arms around my waist, "i wanna stay here forever" chris says, "me too". it made me sad when he said that right then, i knew i wouldn't be with him in the next two days. chris falls asleep and i kiss his head before shortly falling asleep after.