ᴜɴꜰᴏʀꜱᴀᴋᴇɴ ᴠᴀᴍᴘ

Beck stood there frozen for a moment. Then, he began moving towards her, trying to console her.

"Babe— "

Jade stormed out of the janitor's closet, not waiting to hear what Beck had to say.

Thank god that was the last class of the day, Jade thought as she strode towards the parking lot.

Jade spent the rest of the afternoon scheming how to get this new girl out of Hollywood Arts. She didn't want to keep thinking of drinking blood at school, and she had no desires to become a social pariah trying to avoid Tori. Vega, she corrected herself inwardly. She had no plans of getting on first name basis with that girl. What would her nickname be? Jade mused. Tor? Jade caught herself and chuckled. As if she was ever going to call Vega that.

Jade lay awake in bed, still not having had come up with an adequate solution. She glanced at her desk, where an empty cup of Jet Brew coffee sat. Jade's eyes widened, then slowly her lips curled into a grin. I guess Vega's not going to last a mere two days at HA, she thought with a satisfied smile.

Before she could enact her plan to flush out Vega, Jade had to make up with Beck. After all, things would be a tad bit more difficult if Beck suddenly decided to be more than eye candy and stand up for Vega.

Beck was waiting at her locker.

"Hey babe," he said as she approached. "Look, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday— "

Jade placed her lips on Beck's, effectively shushing him. As she kissed him, her thoughts kept wandering to those smooth, perfect lips that she had seen yesterday. She wondered what it would be like to bite them, to suck the blood emerging from them...

Jade pulled away, shaken.

Beck smiled, seemingly unaware of his girlfriend's inner turmoil. "I guess that means you've forgiven me?"

"Yeah," Jade replied, distracted.

Trying to shake all thoughts of Vega out of her head, Jade headed off carry out the next part of her plan.