14

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I walk into my dorm room and lay on my bed with Midnight. That was the longest train ride to Hogwarts yet, apparently, they have put in extra safety measures.

I sit up and reach into my pocket and feel the letters that I forgot about. I put the letters I opened on my desk and pull out the letters from Theo and Mattheo. I decide to open Theos first.

Hey Sweetheart,

I know you miss me; I mean what's not to miss about me? I hope you haven't met anyone over the holidays, might have to curse him. I do hope you had a good Christmas even if it wasn't with your loved ones. I haven't left my house all holidays, under strict rules currently because of my grades. I hope you come and find me when you come back.

Lover Boy, Theo.

I smile at his flirting; he just doesn't give up, does he? I fold up the letter and put it with the others before looking over at the letter addressed to me from Mattheo. Why does it feel so weird to get a letter from him? I mean it's only a piece of paper with words on it, but then again, it's his words.

Dear Valentina,

I wrote this letter for some reason that isn't even known by me. I know you are spending this Christmas alone, your first time alone. It's not much different for myself, with my mother gone and my father on the run. I just, I hope you don't feel alone in this situation. I hope the holiday treats you well and you at least got one gift. Let's not tell anyone about this letter, okay? I have a reputation to uphold. I hope you're safe.

Riddle.

I read over his letter. This must be some joke, right? The Mattheo Riddle we all know doesn't do this. He doesn't write letters. He doesn't care enough too.

I sigh and hide the letter in the box that holds the photo of my family. I shake my head and change into a white turtleneck, with a black skirt and put on black stockings before putting on my black boots and walking out of my room. Everyone seems to be walking around, catching up with their friends.

"Sweetheart!" I smile and turn around knowing it's Theo who is already smiling at me.

"Hey lover boy," I tease his nickname from the letter.

"I see you got my letter. How were your holidays?" He asks and puts his arm around my shoulder as we walk to the Great Hall.

"Depressing. What about yours?"

He gives me a small smile and looks for our group at the Slytherin table. "Sorry to hear that. I was locked up all holiday so pretty boring."

I see Pansy waving for us, and I guess Theo does too, because he pushes us to go faster.