13. m.i.n.e

"Beauty ain't no issue for someone like you
You should know better
'Cause there ain't no better

Invite me, don't be ashamed
Girl, don't fight me
I ain't running no game
Though I can't lie
When you deny
It kind of excites me

Girl, you so beautiful, don't be ashamed
Don't be ashamed
Girl, you so beautiful
Don't be ashamed"

Girl, you so beautiful, don't be ashamedGirl, you so beautiful, don't be ashamedDon't be ashamedGirl, you so beautifulDon't be ashamed"

If you told me that someone wrote a song about me and performed it in front of hundreds of people I would have laughed in your face. Scratch that. If you told me Luciano wrote a song about me and performed in front of hundreds of people INCLUDING students from our school and my cousins, I swear I would have burst out laughing in your face. I would have passed you off as a crackhead or some delusional fool and went on with my jolly day.

He didn't outwardly say it was about me, but that's what I assumed when he pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me when Dumb Blonde #3 asked who the song was about. I was just as surprised as Charleigh and her bandits, but when I connect the dots it all makes sense.

The constant eye contact throughout the performance, and non-stop eye contact when he sang the song.

The song.

"Pretty brown feline eyes
A Touch that makes me high
The brownness of her body in the fire-glow
She's dipped in gold
Worth more than a couple of diamonds"

The obvious references to my features, although some could argue that millions of women in the world share these features with me, but which of them are Luciano aware of?

The vulgar lyric, permanently ingrained in my brain. No one has ever described me with such intensity. No one has ever appreciated my natural features with such adoration.

Of course, I have been called the basic terms hot, sexy etc. The terms that males throw around as a compliment and expect a reward in return. Hollow terms that hold no meaning behind them, have no true value. Just a means males use to woo women because their frail minds believe that we depend on their opinions to survive.

It's different when they explain how, when they put in the effort to tell you what about you attracts them. When they appreciate you for your naturally authentic self. When they study your features and behaviours because it fascinates them.

So when mulling over the lyrics to the unnamed song, of course, it elicits dangerous feelings.

Obviously, my mind drifts to the more suggestive lyrics with obvious sexual undertones which makes me question our whole relationship.

"Dream about basking in her warmth
Giving her all of me
Taking all of her
Sinking in her heat
Drowning in her deep seas
Our bodies, a perfect fit
In her afterglow, we'll lay"