Hanging Out

"Alexis I thought you said you'd be home by now. Where are you?" April says as Alexis is on the phone with her.

"I'm sorry April. I'm just choosing to stay out for a few hours. I don't get to be out this often at night like this." Alexis says.

"Oh okay. Just text me when you're coming home. And be quiet when you do. I wouldn't let Mom know you're out this late. You know how she acted last time." April says.

"I know. She was pretty ticked off. But I can handle myself. You know that." Alexis says.

"I know you can. Mom does too. She just wants you to be careful. And after last time over my scooter I'd be a bit more careful." April says.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'll see you in a few hours April." Alexis says.

"Yeah. Alright. Bye." April says.

"Bye." Alexis says as she hangs up the phone.

"Hey Alexis." A voice says from behind Alexis startling her.

"Ah!" Alexis shouts in alarm before seeing Michelangelo standing behind her with a goofy smile.

"Oh man. Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Guess I probably shouldn't have snuck up on you. Part of being a ninja though." Michelangelo says apologetically.

"Yeah. I guess so. But it's okay. You just caught me off guard is all." Alexis says.

"So what are you doing out this late? Shouldn't you be home?" Michelangelo asks curiously.

"Shouldn't you be back home?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Fair point. But seriously you are okay right?" Michelangelo asks concernedly.

"No worries. Nothing is wrong. I just like taking late night walks is all. The nice cool crisp night air calms me down. Make me feel relaxed." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Me too honestly. I sometimes sneak out at night to go skateboarding. You uh wanna come with me?" Michelangelo asks.

"You want me to go skateboarding with you?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"Yeah. If you're interested." Michelangelo says kindly.

"Of course. That sounds awesome. Though I don't really know how to skateboard." Alexis says sheepishly.

"No worries! I can show you. You'll love it." Michelangelo says as he smiles confidently.

"You might regret wanting to teach me. I'm not exactly the most balanced when it comes to skates of any kind." Alexis says unsurely.

"I don't mind. Especially for such a pretty human friend. I mean such a such a pretty good human friend." Michelangelo says as Alexis smiles at him at the comment.

"Well alright. If you insist." Alexis says as she and Michaelangelo walk off together.

*Timeskip*

"See? I told you that you'd be okay. You did great for your first time skateboarding. Then again you had me to teach you though." Michelangelo says as he and Alexis are later walking down the sidewalk.

"Yeah. I guess that was pretty fun. But if I'm being honest I had more fun with you though." Alexis says.

"Really?" Michelangelo asks in surprise while smiling.

"Yeah. I did. I haven't exactly got many friends that I hang out with so I really enjoyed this." Alexis says as she smiles at Michelangelo.

"I enjoyed it too. But doesn't April hang out with you?" Michelangelo asks curiously as Alexis shakes her head.

"Not really. She's my adoptive sister and our interests kinda differ for many reasons." Alexis says.

"Wait. You're adopted? Like me?" Michelangelo asks in surprise.

"Yeah. I am. I was very little when I was found by April and her mom. I barely even remember my own mom's face. I remember my roots when but I try to hide them because of it being the reason I lost my mom in the first place." Alexis says as she looks down.

"What do you mean?" Michelangelo asks confusedly.

"If I tell you do you promise to keep it between us?" Alexis asks.

"Of course. You can trust me. I promise to keep this a secret." Michelangelo says before Alexis sighs.

"Alright. If your certain." Alexis says before she shifts to wolf form.

"Whoa! You can turn into a wolf dudette?" Michelangelo asks in amazement.

"Actually I was born a wolf. I'm a wolf shifter. I lost my parents due to being able to turn into a human. Other wolves saw me as a menace and my parents protected me but lost their lives doing so. Then I got found by April and her mom. They've been my family ever since. But sometimes I wish things hadn't turned out that way." Alexis says as she sighs.

"What do you mean?" Michelangelo asks curiously.

"I hate being adopted. I feel like such an outcast sometimes because April nor mom understand me sometimes. They don't understand my urges and tendencies that stem from my wolf counterpart. I feel alone as a result sometimes." Alexis says as she shifts back to human form.

"Well you don't have to be alone." Michelangelo says as he looks at Alexis.

"What do you mean?" Alexis asks curiously as she looks at Michelangelo.

"I could hang out with you whenever you just wanna go run. Or just do whatever. I know I'm not a wolf but I get where you're coming from. I feel that way a lot because of being a mutant. I can't promise that I can make things go away but I can promise that I'll find a way to make you smile when we're together. Help you forget those feelings even if it's for a little while." Michelangelo says as he smiles softly.

"You'd do that for me?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"Yeah. If you ever wanted to hang out again." Michelangelo says as he smiles reassuringly.

"I'd like that." Alexis says as she smiles kindly at Michelangelo.

"Me too." Michelangelo says happily as he smiles.

"Listen I got to get home but maybe we can pick things back up another night?" Alexis asks as she smiles.

"It's a deal." Michelangelo says happily.

"Great. Night Michelangelo and thanks." Alexis says as she smiles at Michelangelo.

"You're welcome. Good night Alexis." Michelangelo says happily before Alexis leaves.