TWO

The figure started approaching Gyuvin.He was too scared to move.It turned the lights on.He was scared to the point he quickly covered himself with the blanket on his side.After a solid minute,someone spoke up.

"Hi"It said.It sent shivers down his spine.It was like a human but at the same time,Gyuvin was too in doubt to think it's a human.Finally he convinced himself to throw the blanket and confront the ghost or whoever that is.

He threw away the blanket,revealing a tall,blonde gorgeous man in front of him.It definitely wasn't a ghost.It was the most prettiest and most handsome man he has ever seen in his life.He was staring for too long that he didn't even notice.

After a while,the person said again.
"Excuse me?Are you going to keep staring at me or what?"

That's when Gyuvin finally realized that he was witnessing an intruder in his house.He panicked and got up.

"Hey!Who do you think you are coming into my house at 6am in the literal morning??"

Ricky looked at the man fully now.He noticed his voice,his facial features and such and oh boy,he realized so fast that it was Gyuvin.His childhood friend that said he would come back one day.Not him but his grandpa.He was so overjoyed.

"Sorry for intruding your house.I was cleaning it until you would get back but since now you're here..You're finally back!!!Welcome!!"

Ricky goes in for a hug but gets interrupted by Gyuvin pushing him away with a totally puzzled look.He looked as if he was disgusted.

"May I ask who you are and how you have the key to MY house?This is weird..."

Ricky was absolutely torn down in pieces.I mean it's not like he would recognize him right away since Ricky has changed a lot but he still had hope.He had hope that he would remember that he had a childhood friend waiting.He had hope that at least he would notice Ricky by his face but it was all just a small hope.

Ricky didn't want to be there anymore so he stormed out of the house,to his.Gyuvin was still confused as always.He wondered if he did something wrong.He couldn't call his father and ask who he was since he ran away from home,his grandpa was no more and his mother..well also no more.This left him in an awkward situation.

Ricky used to be called Quanrui in his childhood until he changed his name legally.So most of the people don't recognize him by his name but maybe Gyuvin will remember him?He wanted to give it a shot but he wanted Gyuvin to remember it himself.He didn't want to tell someone to remember him but he would do it if he never remembered him.

Quite a few days passed and Ricky used to work in the field all day to provide for his mother.He used to see Gyuvin go from his house to the convenience store and back and forth.He thought of talking to him but it felt hopeless trying to talk to someone who you waited for so long that doesn't even remember you.

But one day,Gyuvin came by himself,offering some homemade kimchi.He made it himself and wanted his neighbor to try some and he wanted to get some feedback on it.He walked upto Ricky who was cutting the overgrown grass on his field.

"Excuse me,Here.Please take this."

"Oh,What's this?"Ricky replied,getting his head to face Gyuvin.

"It's a present from me.Please taste it and tell me how it tastes please?"

"Alright.Ill eat it after I'm done working."

With the reply of Ricky,Gyuvin thought a bit.He wanted the feedback right then and he took the spoon,opened the box and took a bit of the kimchi, telling Ricky to open his mouth.Ricky opened it,tasting it.It had a very nostalgic feeling.Its as if he was back to his childhood again when Gyuvin's Grandpa used to make kimchi and gave it to his mother and him.

"Is it okay?"Gyuvin said looking at Ricky for a response.

"It's very delicious" Ricky replied getting to work again.

Gyuvin closed the box,kept the spoon aside and sat a bit near Ricky.

"You mysteriously came into my house,left without answering my question and now you're a bit cold.You haven't told me your name tho,What's your name?"

Ricky thought for a bit.Gyuvin only knows him as Quanrui and not as Ricky so he just decided to go with his changed name.

"I'm Ricky."

"Oh!Nice name!I'm Gyuvin.Nice too meet you.Have we met before?"

"Ah...don't know..maybe I mistook you for someone else."

To Gyuvin,it was quite reasonable.He sat closer to Ricky now.As if he wanted to get close to him and know him.

To Ricky,He didn't think it would be like this.He thought the reunion between them would be so great.He thought he could have the happiness that he lost long ago would finally come back but it didn't.Instead it brought back pain.

They chatted for hours while Ricky was cutting the grasses.Each and every word Gyuvin spoke brought back memories to Ricky.They used to play and talk a lot when they were kids too.He wanted to go back but unfortunately he couldnt.

It was almost dark when they both bid goodbye to each other.Ricky got up and took the box of kimchi into his house.He placed it in the counter for his mother who went to work and will be returning in a bit.He went to his room and saw pictures on his wall of his mother,of him and specially of Gyuvin and him.

That night,he slept without eating and had the strangest dream of his entire life.It was of Gyuvin and Him but a bit different from what he'd imagined.