Chapter Four: Barkk, the Kwami of Adoration

Earlier in the day, before school had started, at a small massage shop in another arrondissement, a Chinese masseur and healer, who had been holding secrets for most of his life, was drinking tea with a long time companion. Suddenly, the masseur gasped and dropped his teacup, making it shatter on the ground.

His companion, a small, green creature that resembled the appearance of a turtle, gasped as well before floating over to the Chinese man. "Master! Are you alright?"

"Yes, Wayzz. It's just that—that I believe I've finally found the Element of Hope we have been searching for!" The man told the creature, Wayzz.

"How can you know, Master?" Wayzz wondered.

"It is one of the powers of the Guardians. We have a sense for finding our new heroes. It's how I knew who to look for when choosing the new Ladybug and Chat Noir. While I did test them first, I don't think that is necessary with this one." The man said as he stood up and turned towards a chest behind him where a phonograph sat atop it.

"But Master! That's not wise!" Wayzz cautioned as he floated over to his companion who he kept calling, Master.

The man pressed the eyes of the dragons on the front of the phonograph making a keypad of dots appear. He then pressed three specific dots, making the phonograph turn 180 degrees. After, the top part where records played lifted off to reveal a light wood carving. The carving separated to reveal another, before that one separated to reveal:

He pulled out the ancient Chinese box and set it beside the phonograph on the chest

He pulled out the ancient Chinese box and set it beside the phonograph on the chest. Then, he pressed a button on the second row in the front and it opened to reveal a black bracelet with five orange accents:

 Then, he pressed a button on the second row in the front and it opened to reveal a black bracelet with five orange accents:

(Imagine it as a bracelet and not a choker)

The man took it out and it instantly reshaped into a mini form of the large box currently sitting on the chest.

"Master, is it really safe to put Barkk and another Miraculous out into the world when there are so many out there already so often?" Wayzz tried to stop his Master again.

"We have been missing something, Wayzz. The kids, they're losing they're hope that they'll defeat Hawk Moth, and with more and more people getting akumatized each day, I understand why." The man tried to rationalize.