Chapter Twelve: Aunt Alyson

Not long later, Sophie's phone started ringing. She picked it up and was shocked at who was calling her.

"Who is it?" Barkk asked

"My Aunt Alyson. How did she know I wanted to talk to her?" Sophie wondered.

Barkk floated over to the bedside table as she shrugged. "Who knows. Maybe your dad told her you had a school dance last night, and she thought maybe you'd want to talk about it today?"

"Yeah, maybe."

"Well, answer it before it goes to voicemail!"

"Oh, right!" Sophie quickly picked up the phone. "Hey, Aunt Alyson."

Barkk could hear the high pitched voice on the other end of the phone line. "Sophie! Oh, I've missed you so much! How's Paris? Is everything going well at school?"

"Everything's going really good, Auntie. And Paris is beautiful, I love living here, surprisingly. I've missed you a lot too. Actually, I was just about to call you. You must be telepathic or something."

Alyson Werner laughed. "Actually, your father messaged me last night after your dance, which I'm mad you didn't tell you you were going to by the way, Young Lady, to tell me you'd want to chat today. We used to tell each other everything. What changed in a month's time?"

Sophie could hear the hurt in her aunt's voice. Alyson was always very open with her emotions, especially around family. She was a very soft person, and Sophie knew that. She should have taken the time to call her or text her. "I'm sorry, Auntie. It just slipped my mind. Between school, skating, and spending time with all the new friends I've made, I just haven't had time to call you or text you much."

"Wait, wait, wait. Back up a second. New friends?!! How many and what are all their names?!!"

Sophie chuckled. "You want to know all their names? There's like fifteen of them, Auntie. That's a lot to name off."

"Of course, I want to know all their names. And something about each of them. Come on, I need the details. You've deprived me long enough."

Sophie chuckled again. "Alright, we'll start with the very first friend I made in Paris. Her name's Marinette, she's into fashion designing and I didn't actually meet her at school. Her parents own a bakery and pastry shop across the street from our school. I went in their on my first day to see if they had any gingerbread loaf and I met Marinette."

"Oh." Alyson sounded sad. "You were missing your mom, huh?"

Sophie sighed. "Yeah, I was. But maybe it was supposed to be that way. See, if I hadn't been, then I wouldn't have met Marinette, and I may not have met all my other friends, since I met them through her." And Luka, but we'll get to that later. "My other friends are all Marinette's classmates, and their a grade below me."

"Oh, so you don't have any friends in your class?"

Sophie blushed, which Alyson couldn't see. Sophie heard Barkk stifle a chuckle and Sophie waved her off. "I'll get to my friends in my class in a minute. Let's go over Marinette's class first. Like I said, I made a ton of friends. And it all happened on my first day too!"

"That's amazing, Sophie! Go on, go on."

"Okay, so first off is Marinette's boyfriend, Adrien, you've probably heard of him, his full name's Adrien Agreste, son of the fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste, and Adrien's a big time model."

Alyson squealed so loud that Sophie had to pull the phone away from her ear for a second. "You're telling me that you, my niece, are friends with the Adrien Agreste? He's so famous!"