Chap 6. Happy

I jolted awake as someone shook my shoulder, instinctively ready to defend myself

I jolted awake as someone shook my shoulder, instinctively ready to defend myself. Blinking rapidly, I saw my brothers' faces smirking down at me, amusement dancing in their eyes. Glaring at them, frustration prickled at my chest.

Rubbing my eyes, I took in my surroundings – we were still in the car, parked in a lavish neighborhood with sprawling mansions. As the car wound its way through, it turned at a gate adorned with elegant black and gold motifs. The "L" initials suggested it belonged to the Lopez family, I guessed.

Then, the car straightened, and there it was before me – a sight that almost stole my breath. A mansion, or rather, a castle, stood in all its grandeur. My jaw slackened as I stared, curiosity and awe swirling in my mind.

"Is this really your house?" I blurted out, incredulity lacing my voice.

Max's reply sent shivers through me, "Our house. This is your house too."

Surprised, I gazed at him, a small smile tugging at my lips. Ezra's arm found its way around my shoulders, his warmth reassuring. "Come on," he said, "time to meet Mom and get the grand house tour."

I nodded, feeling a mix of emotions – excitement, disbelief, and an underlying sense of belonging. With each step towards the imposing front door, I felt the weight of years of separation lifting off my shoulders. This was not just a house; it was a promise of a family I had been missing, and the start of a new chapter I could scarcely believe was real.

As we walked into the house, I was captivated by the beautiful interior. The familiarity of the place mixed with the elegance of the décor filled me with a sense of warmth and comfort. In the center of the house stood an enchanting woman, her blue dress complimenting her stunning features. With dark brown hair, green eyes, and full pink lips, she was undeniably gorgeous. I couldn't help but guess that this woman must be my mother.

As she squealed in delight and smiled at me with love and shock, I felt a mixture of emotions swirl within me. Her eyes looked like they were about to well up with tears. Max, introduced her, saying, "Valentina, this is our daughter, Athena Alessandra Lopez."

The surprise on Valentina's face was evident, and she quickly closed the distance between us, wrapping me in an unexpected hug. I was taken aback by the sudden gesture but slowly reciprocated, letting myself be embraced by this woman who I had never known.

Eventually, Valentina pulled away slightly, holding my face in her hands. Her voice trembled as she said, "Ohh, my baby girl is finally back. I missed you so much." Her eyes glistened with tears, and before I knew it, my own eyes were moistening as well. She embraced me once more, and though I tried to hold back my tears, it was difficult not to be moved by the overwhelming love and emotion in that moment.

After Valentina broke the hug, she turned to my brother Ezra and instructed him, "Ezra, go show Athena her room." Ezra nodded eagerly, and before I knew it, he was leading me up the stairs. As we climbed, he explained that the rooms were in the west wing of the house, ordered from oldest to youngest. His room and mine were next to each other, located at the end of the hallway. Mom and dad, he mentioned, resided in the east wing.