Chapter 4

I have resumed working on this story and couldn't be happier. The break was good for me and I feel much more motivated. My goal is to finish this story before the end of this year, but if it takes longe, then so be it.

I will be uploading a chapter every Wednesday. I also publish articles Wednesdays which you can read.

Enjoy!

***

After we were done with our breakfast of a latte each and a few more French delicacies, we went to the local store to get the groceries Ma asked for. As usual, I ignored all the nit-picky things at check out because I was saving up.

When we finally reached home in the early afternoon, Ma hugged us both before locking the door behind us.

Surprisingly, we were still hungry after our fancy breakfast and devoured my Ma's famous sandwiches.

After that, we all went out together and had a fairly nice time.

***

After a couple of days, Anessa left to start her new job and life resumed to normal.

At least for a couple of days.

I was busy getting a large order of cookies ready when she came in.

There was a tingling sound as people often saw in movies and I looked up to see her enter.

I was physically taken aback as I was in extreme shock. I did not even keep seeing her face. I saw the face no one could find. The face I remembered as well as the back of my hand. The face I could not forget.

I saw his face, but not the girl's.

"Lara! Lara!" someone was shaking me.

"What? What happened?" I was scared. No! This could not be happening again. No, no, no.

"Lara Carter!" one final time someone yelled and I snapped out of it.

I slowly opened my eyes which I hadn't realized were closed.

"Madison?"

She sighed.

"Thank god you recognized me. I was going to call 911 but this silly phone kept saying I had the wrong code. Anyway, what happened to you?"

I was a bit overwhelmed but seeing her so positive and so fine made me answer.

"I was just a bit surprised to see you that's all," I lied. I was obviously more than a 'bit surprised'.

She nodded, and I knew that she understood. Although we experienced different things in the same situation, both of our lives had been equally upturned.

"Are you here to buy something?" I had thought that she was there because she thought that this was a regular bakery, but she knew that I lived in this city. But why was I expecting her to avoid the city just because I lived there?

I needed to stop thinking so much. Especially when I needed to talk to someone.

But she did a good job of making me snap out of it. Unfortunately, I went right back in my head after she said it.

"I want you to come to Winnipeg with me,"