A talk between Wizards

Winter: Thank you again for saving one of the kids.

Me: Don't worry about it. Thanks for the open favor. I do need it.

Winter: Is there anything else I can do for you?

Me: No. The faster you find Ivonne the better.

Winter: By any chance are you getting mistreated?

Me: That is private.

Winter: Then is there something I could do? Help or anything more?

Me: No. I got everything under controll.

He was eyeing my leg and I could tell what he was thinking about but honestly it was not that they had hurt me at all. It was also not broken but only badly sprain that was it. It was not that they had hurt me physically. I got abused by maids, yes but never actually from the brothers in any physical kind of way or at least not that I could remember or know but the mental abuse was enough anyways.

Me: I jumped out of a window because they were too noisy.

Winter: Jumped out?

Me: Yes.

Winter: There certainly had to be another way.

Me: Out of a room where I barricaded the door, unfortunately not.

Winter: ...

Me: Let's leave it by that.

Winter: Alright. Do you want to see the kid shortly?

Me: I would love to see him but I think the young Duke will be back soon.

Winter: Is there a chance to meet again.

Me: If the future has this planned for us, then certainly.

I didn't really wanted to do anything with Winter in the future but I was not one to know the future. So all I could do was hope for now. Perhapse there will be for sure some incidences where I would need his help with. Maybe there wouldn't be anything else I would need from him and maybe I need his help escaping the dukes mansion. Who knows! I really couldn't even start imagining the future at all. However one thing was for certain. I did need to find Ivonne. She will be the key to my future and also the one who would get me out of this nightmare.

Me: Is there a way I can contact you if I ever need anyhting more?

Winter: Use the handkerchief Lion gave you.

Me: You mean yours?

Winter: How did you find that out?

Me: It has the symbol of a rabbit which just so happen to be the same animal you wear as a mask. 

Winter: What a coincidence.

Me: Indeed... hahahaha

Winter: Hahahahaha

We both started laughing for a short while and it really seemed as if my brother just came back with a carriage because we both could hear some footsteps towards us. 

Winter: It seems he just arrived. Rest assure I will do my best to find out where she is hiding.

Me: Thanks.

I stood up and we shook our hands before I started slowly heading to the door. Winter was right at my side watching me carefully and was definitely ready to actually catch me in case that I would fall to the ground. Why did everyone had to be this careful around me. This was definitely not something I wanted and yet here we were all watching me and all. Was I a doll made out of porcelan or something? Did this made sense? Sheesh why did everyone had to overreact or be overdramatic much nowadays?

Derrick came and helped me get onto the carriage before we gave our final goodbye and went our way back to our own home or mansion or what I was about to call it emotional torture chaimber, might even call it a prison by how long Penelope was spending in her room.

Derrick: Why did you do that?

Me: Why what?

Derrick: I thought you don't want us to find her.

Me: Oh I would love nothing more than to get out of that cursed household.

Alright, just to be clear here... I so didn't had the nerves to put a filter on my mouth, a mental one or anyone at all. I was simply telling him what I was thinking.

Derrick: .....

Me: *sigh* Do you really believe a child who had eaten rotten food since I was a kid, a person like me who even saw their last family die and be there in a small room with a rotten body, would really want to live in a house where everyone wants the real sister and wouldn't even pay any attention to me? I got mistreated, hurt, ignored, cried nights and screamed for attention but it didn't work now did it?

Derrick: I didn't know....

Me: No... you chose not to know and not to see young duke but I can't say anything against your choice. It was one you had to do for yourself after all.

Derrick: I am sorry....

Me: I will accept it but that doesn't mean I will forget nor forgive.

That was the last word we had before we stayed in silence for the rest of the way.