2 | bitter

"Hey mum

"Hey mum."

Taeyeon had take the decision to finally introduce Emmett to her mother. Despite knowing she was watching over her, it had completely slipped her mind that she hadn't formally introduced the pair. Now, being pregnant, she wanted all the people she loved in her life to know the news but she wanted her mother to know in person.

Athena smiled as she brought her daughter in for a hug, "Hey, sweetie. Look at you, you're glowing." As soon as the words had left her, Athena looked at her daughter's stomach, "You're pregnant?"

Taeyeon laughed, "I am. I wanted to tell you in person, didn't want you to find out from anyone else. You know, like Apollo, Mr. I have to know everything. I also wanted to introduce you to Emmett." She loved her extended family but some really knew how to piss her off, Apollo especially. He just couldn't keep anything to himself and at some point, he just stopped trying.

"I am so happy for you." Athena smiled as she pressed a kiss to her daughter's forehead and caressed her stomach. "I would love to met Emmett, the man that has got my beautiful daughter glowing."

Emmett stepped forward, "It's nice to meet you Goddess Athena." He bowed in front of Athena before standing next to his wife, taking her hand.

Athena laughed before grinning, "Call me Athena. You married my daughter and you're the father to her child. You're a part of this family. You don't need to bow down to me, you have my respect as long as you keep loving and protecting my daughter." After all, she was Taeyeon's mother and no one was going to hurt her little girl, not even the man she was in love with and had married.

"Mum." Taeyeon whined.

Emmett smiled, "You have my word ma'am that I will never hurt her. I love her and will continue to cherish her for eternity. If I do anything to hurt her, you can kill me." He had no intention of ever hurting Taeyeon but he knew her birth mother needed the reassurance that no harm would come to her child.

"I'd expecting nothing less. Welcome to the family, son."

"How did it go?"

"How did it go?"

The married couple had gone to the Cullen's house after their visit to her birth mother. Rose and Bree had been planning a baby shower, even if Taeyeon had said she didn't want one but was excited to have all of her friends and family in the same room. She was reading a baby book while Emmett was hunting with Jasper and Carlisle. Esme and Alice were in the kitchen making her some food and neither would take no for an answer.

"It well. My birth mother likes him and they seem to get along. Their both excited for the baby so they talked about that the most. I'm not worried. Emmett is amazing and anyone that mets him, like him." Taeyeon explained as she moved to sit more comfortably on the sofa.

Rosalie nodded, "That's good. Last thing you want is for him to not get along with your birth mother. How did your parents and siblings take it? How did the Pack react to the news?"

The young demigod laughed, "Mum and Annabeth are excited. Their already planning the nursery and have a whole list of things they want to buy for the baby. Dad wasn't too happy, his little girl is growing up too fast and he's already a grandfather but he saw a picture of the baby and he couldn't be happier. Taeyang wasn't too happy. Beat Emmett's ass, who just let it happen but he came around eventually and he can't wait to be an Uncle. The Pack took the news well, obviously they were worried at first but they're willing to wait and see what happens. It looks like the baby is more human than vampire." It had been difficult breaking the news to the Pack but after a sit down with the couple who had explained everything, they were willing to wait and see what would happen. Taeyeon had made sure to keep them updated and so far it looked like the baby was more human than vampire.

"Are you seriously entertaining this? The baby clearly isn't Emmett's."

Everyone rolled their eyes as Edward and Bella walked into the room. The couple had tried their hardest to cast as much doubt about the paternity of the baby, badmouthing Taeyeon every chance they got and trying to drive a wedge between the married couple and the family. No one really listened to them, which is probably why they continued and were so persistent.

"Why are you both here?" Taeyeon sighed. The last thing she wanted was to listen to the couple.

Bella scoffed, "This is Edward's family. We have every right to be here. Why are you here? Everyone knows that the baby isn't Emmett's. Either you die or you cheated on Emmett, which one is it?"

When no one replied, Edward glared at her, "You cheated on him, didn't you? You don't deserve to be here." No one had a chance to reply as Emmett came running in and grabbed Edward by the throat. The man was done listening to the couple spout their hate to anyone that would listen.

"You have no right to talk to my wife like that. She is carrying our child. I don't care who you are but I will not allow anyone to disrespect my wife and child like you have. Leave her alone or I will kill you." Emmett growled as he tightened his hold on Edward's neck.

Bella screamed as she watched Edward struggle, "Let him go. Let him go." Emmett didn't listen to her as cracks began to appear on Edward's neck.

"Emmett, put him down." Carlisle asked his son softly. Emmett reluctantly did as he was told before walking over to his wife.

"I guess it's time to call the Volturi."