8 | realisations

Edward has struggled with the aftermath that was divorcing Bella and finding out who the father of her baby was

Edward has struggled with the aftermath that was divorcing Bella and finding out who the father of her baby was. The rest of the family had kept their distance from him, only Alice giving him the support that he needed to get through it. Rosalie and Jasper spent all their time at Emmett and Taeyeon's house, refusing to comfort him, especially after everything he had put them through. Carlisle and Esme were finally seeing the damage that Edward and his relationship with Bella had done to the family. They wondered why their kids chose to stay with them for so long when all they had done was put Edward first. They had been blinded by their firstborn and now most of their children wanted nothing to do with them.

"Carlisle and Esme have asked us to come to their house."

Rosalie rolled her eyes, "I'm not going. I'm pretty sure I made it clear to them that if they continued to baby Edward and give him what he wants, disregarding the rest of us, I'd want nothing to do with them. I love them but they clearly have favourites and I'm done being put on the back burner." She has spent years trying to get over being turned and when she finally had, when she finally thought her family was doing great, Edward goes and screws it up. All she wanted was to be with her family and find her soulmate. Instead she spent years cleaning up after Edward's messes and trying to knock some sense into him and their parents. She was done trying to get Carlisle and Esme to see what Edward had done to the family. She just wanted to leave it all behind her and wanted to finally have her own happy ending.

"I agree with her. I'm not going either. They've burnt that bridge." Jasper spoke. After being away from the influence of Alice, he had finally realised that she wasn't his true mate. She wasn't who he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with and he wasn't sure how to wrap his head around it. He had been with her for so long, how was he supposed to find his mate?

Taeyeon sighed as she ate her lunch on the sofa, "It's your choice. You don't have to go and see them if you don't want to. They don't have to dictate your lives. They've made it clear that Edward and Alice will always come first. If you want to live your life, you should let them know and cut them off if needed." Emmett had already had a talk with Carlisle and Esme, making it clear that his wife and unborn child were the most important to him. He made it clear that he was done cleaning up after Edward and Alice and letting the married couple put them first. He was going to live his life and take care of his family.

"I guess we have to go and talk to them."

"But I don't wanna."

"What do you mean you're leaving?"

"Me and Rosalie have decided to leave the Coven. This used to be a family but it's clear that only certain people get listened to. We have told you time and time again that all we want is to be respected and loved but all you both see is Edward and Alice. We're done." Jasper spoke firmly. It felt good to finally say how he really felt about their favouritism and that all he wanted was a family.

"Why are you leaving?" Alice whined. She hated that Jasper knew they weren't mates. He belonged with her, they belonged together. Why did he have to leave her? What did she do to deserve that?

Realise rolled her eyes, "I'm pretty sure he just told you why we're leaving. Are you deaf or do you just not listen?" Alice was once someone she enjoyed spending time with but after she had the vision of Bella with Edward, she had become a completely different person.

"You don't mean that. We're family." Esme cried.

Emmett scoffed, "Leaving this family was the best thing that has ever happened to me. You both favour Edward and Alice. What we want and say don't matter. We have tried to talk to you both, spent time with you but as soon as Edward or Alice would want something, you'd go to them. It didn't matter if we already had plans with you. All we wanted was a family but because of those three, we are not a family. My family is Taeyeon, our unborn child, Rosalie and Jasper." He hated being in their house. The good memories that they used to have had been wiped by the favouritism and Bella's arrival.

"You left the family?" Carlisle asked as he looked at his son stunned. He did not know that Emmett had decided to leave the Coven when he had gotten married to Taeyeon. He still considered him family.

"It really goes to show who you pay attention to." Emmett replied with an eye roll as he pulled his wife closer.

"Why are you all just sat around?" Edward growled as he walked into the room. The family had not really seen him since he found out the paternity of his wife's baby.

Jasper looked at him funny, "We're having a conversation, what the hell does it look like?"

Edward snarled at him, "Why didn't you try and look for me? I needed my family and none of you have been here for me."

Rosalie laughed, "And once again, Edward proves that he only cares about himself and wants everyone to fall at his feet." Carlisle and Esme went to him as soon as he had finished his tantrum, once again proving that the rest of their children don't matter.

"He's going through something and needs us to be there for him." Alice pouted.

"The rest of us be damned, right?" Rosalie spoke as she looked at her with a straight face.

"Of course not, you're all our children."

"That might be, but that doesn't mean you care about us equally and because of that, we refuse to continue to call you our family."