prologue

Taeyeon woke up early the next morning, waiting for Annabeth and Rosalie to come find her

Taeyeon woke up early the next morning, waiting for Annabeth and Rosalie to come find her. She was finally marrying her soulmate. To say she was nervous was an understatement but she was happy and that's all that mattered. She was ready to spent the rest of her life with the love of her life. She was even more ecstatic knowing her whole family would be there.

"I see you're already awake?" Annabeth asked as she joined her sister on the couch.

Taeyeon laughed, "Of course I'm already awake. Can you blame me?"

Annabeth grinned, "Of course not. Now come on, Rosalie and Alice say they're ready for us at their house." Taeyeon nodded at her younger sister but got up nonetheless. Soon both sisters were at the Cullen house. Rosalie had finished her hair while Alice worked on her make up. Taeyeon couldn't wait to be part of the family. She already loved them all.

Rosalie smiled, "Are you ready to do this?"

Taeyeon took a deep breath, "I've never been more ready." Rosalie smiled before helping her out on her wedding dress. Both of Taeyeon's parents and her siblings said their congratulations before making their way downstairs to join the rest of the guests. She had asked Annabeth to be her maid of honour and Rosalie and Alice to be her bridesmaids. When Edward heard that she hadn't asked Bella, she told him that they weren't close and couldn't understand why he got angry. It wasn't his wedding, he had no right to interfere.

Taeyeon stood with her father at the end of the isle, ready to marry the man of her dreams. As nervous as she was, she couldn't wait to marry him and spend eternity with him. "Don't let me fall, father," she spoke softly to her father.

Her father rubs her hand soothingly, "Never." The door opened and they both slowly walked down the isle.

When she looked up at her soon-to-be-husband, she began to tear up. He looked handsome as ever. Emmett froze when he saw his soon-to-be-wife, she looked absolutely stunning to him in the dress and was glowing.

"Do you, Emmett McCarthy, take Taeyeon Kim to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Emmett grinned, "I do." Taeyeon could feel that he was having a hard time keeping his emotions in check. He was proud of her and needed her to know how much he loved her.

"Do you, Taeyeon Kim, take Emmett McCarthy as your lawfully wedded husband?"

Taeyeon smiled, "I do."

"I now, pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Emmett didn't wait a moment before pressing his lips to hers. They both got lost in the kiss before breaking apart as they heard the cheers from their families and friends.

They were both ready to start the rest of their lives together. Taeyeon knew that with Emmett by her side everything was going to be okay and maybe something beautiful would come out of it.

Emmett knew he was a better man with Taeyeon by his side and would do everything he could to make her happy and just maybe he was ready for something he never thought he would have or deserved.