Chapter 40

Ace

Looking around the room I feel like an idiot for not recognizing the signs that she was going into heat. She's arranged blankets and pillows from every one of the guys on my bed making herself a nest. The way she sought out someone to curl into every night, needing physical contact to soothe her. The writing was on the wall.

I hate that Hunter found out about us being mates this way. I'm desperate to talk to him and see where he is with all this, but my mate needs me first.

"Solana, I'm sorry I wasn't here," I purr for her, my chest rumbling softly urging her to settle down and relax.

"Ace," she whimpers, "everything hurts."

"I know," I rake my fingers through her hair behind her head, "let's take care of that."

I bring her lips to mine, gripping tightly onto her hair and controlling our kiss. She moans into my mouth when my tongue sweeps across her lips pressing for entry. Her arms ensnare me around my neck, pressing our bodies together as if they could fuse together as one.

I have to remind my wolf, and myself, not to get swept up in the emotions of her heat. Instinct is going to drive me to cherish her, to mate her and mark her as mine. But my rational self needs to win out. This is not the life she wants...I'm not what she wants. I wish her staying wasn't a recipe for disaster. For now I'll concentrate on seeing her through her heat.

I divert away from her lips, kissing her cheeks, her jaw, and her neck while I work my shirt off over my head. I don't want my lips off of her skin for long, she tastes so good and her warmth is addictive. My hands fall gently from her head to her ribs where I can rub my thumb along the side of her round breasts which are pressed flat against my chest.

Carefully I lay her down in the nest she made on my bed, having heard stories about how particular she-wolves get during their heat. I'll admit I'm not the heat expert, I've never had sex with a woman who was going through it. Most of my one-offs have been with dragonesses or the occasional human.

And none of those experiences even come close to the simplest encounters with Sol. Just being near her, holding her, brings me more pleasure than the random women from over the years. And none of them have ever been as fiery.

I nestle myself between her legs, kneeling over her with my arms framing her body. "What am I going to do with you, hmm?" I say to her rhetorically, but she responds by thrusting her hips up and rubbing her center against the bulge in my pants. She does that twice more before I pin her hips down with mine and bring my mouth a breath away from the sensitive skin on the underside of her breast.

Her skin breaks out in gooseflesh and her nipples begin to harden into tempting little peaks. I marvel at how well her body responds to my proximity, how much she desires me and how good I can make her feel with the slightest of touches.

Her impatient growl amuses me. My little Sunshine doesn't want to be caressed and teased, she wants me to stop dragging my lips softly across the skin of her firm, round breasts and take her nipple into my mouth. Her back arches off the bed when I finally give her what she wants, when I finally slick my tongue around her nipple before sucking it between my teeth.

Her hands snake their way down seeking out my cock, taking what her body needs to soothe the ache. She's not the only one who's aching. I've been painfully hard for days and I'm not going to risk teasing her in this state. No, I'll give her what she wants, I'll take what I've been craving.

She slips my pants and boxers down my hips then pushes them down to my knees with her heels, all the while maintaining a permanent grip on my length. Her thumb runs across the slit of my cock, but it's the needy moan that barrels out of her throat when she sucks on the dew drop of precum she collected on the pad of her thumb that blows my eyes black and makes my wolf surge forward.