MOONLIGHT (Romeo)

- You is making a lotta girls jealous now, Y/N – Romeo keeps talking in the same flirtatious tone as always. He invited me to wander through the rooftops tonight, and here we are. We waited for most of the Newsies to go to sleep, then we came out through the window in the hall. We went up external stairs, and got to the top of the world.

- There's not a lot of Newsgirls, so ya're lucky... Ya can sell papes with me, have lunch with me, we even sleeps together at Newsboys House!

I can't hide my laughter. In his dreams we sleep together! We do sleep on the same building, but that's a far stretch... Just another pearl from the most romantic Newsie in New York.

Romeo doesn't mind me laughing, he even seems happy to see me in a good mood. We walkto the edge of the building, going down a set of iron stairs so we can jump off to another roof. I walk with my hands on my back, and he holds on to his vest, stylishly.

- Didn't I tell ya this view is the best? Check out the moon! – He exclaims, looking up, stars in his eyes.

- It really is beautiful... – I also look up, admiring the night sky.

- What? The sky? Oh, right, you're talking bout me – Romeo gets a little closer, pushing me slightly with his shoulders, a mischievous smile on his face. Sometimes I think he's a bit narcissistic, but I can't help thinking him a cutie. Course I never told him that. I have never ever seen a girl go soft for him, even if he flirts right and left. So I gotta keep a pose, and at least pretend I didn't fall head over hells for him.

- You both are... I'm even jealous of Jack and Crutchie... They lives in the rooftops, can see this every night...

- Romeo frowns a bit – Well, not me! I can see this whenever I wants, but when it snows it's much better to live with the Newsies! Ya have a ceiling and a bed... And if ya gets too cold, we can share a blanket!

I grin carelessly. I can't think of snow, we're in the middle of July, and there's a cool breeze at best. But I think it's so adorable when he uses clumsy pick-up lines or flirts desperately... It's kinda weird, but also kinda cute, and I can see how much effort he puts on it, and how much he doens't care for noones opinions bout it. He knows someday he's gon find someone that values his little jokes and flirts... Someone like me.

- Oh, Romeo, you're not gonna believe it

- What? That ya love me? I already know that, darling

I laugh, not anwsering directly. – Katherine lent me a book, ya know the title?

- Hum? – He holds on to his suspenders while we jump to a long rampart.

The city is already sleeping, and our only nosy companion is the moon.

- Romeo and Juliet

Romeo glances at me, stll walking, and thinks a bit before anwsering.

- Nope, that's not right... It should be Romeo and Y/N

- A-hem... It's the story bout a couple in love... but it's a tragedy, and they dies in the end

- Gee, bite your tongue! – He laughs, but then frowns.

- It's just a story, Romeo... and It's beautiful! Juliet pretends she's dead so she can marry Romeo

- Pretends? Though she really died...

- She does... When Roemo comes and sees her in a coffin, he thinks she's dead for real, then he kills himself

- How horrible!

- Then Juliet wakes up, sees Romeo dead and kills herself too...

- And'ya thinks it's a beautiful story? – He asks, unbelieving, looking at me with pleading eyes.

- I do, I thinks it's pretty romantic...

- Hah! I betcha I can think of a story way better and way more romantic than that one!

- Really?

- Really! – he says, stoping at the edge of another building, and having me sit beside him.

- It's called Romeo and Y/N, and it's also bout a couple in Love

I laugh shyly, sitting beside him. He starts his story looking into the horizon, as if searching for inspiration.

- They sells papes... Romeo is the most amazing man in the city, and all the girls dream bout him

I shake my head with a grin. He laughs too, smiling as if he was flirting with an imaginary lass walking by us.

- But they don't have no chance, cause he's in love with Y/N... Ever since they met, he likes her

My eyes widen a little when he grabs my hand before speaking. Romeo talks gently, lowering his voice a bit, finally letting the neighbors sleep.

- The problem is she doesn't know, she thinks he pretends... and Y/N pretends she isn't jealous of him, but she is

- Hum... – I watch as his brown skin gleams in the moonlight.

- But Romeo knows she pretends, cause he knows her well! So he decides not to give in to any of his other admirers, and dedicates himself to her fully

- Yeah?

- Yeah, he knows she's in love with him too, she just don' realize it... yet

- And so...?

- And so he decides to tell her how he feels... he asks her on a date, and says

Romeo turns to me completely, and grabs my other hand as well, I'm blushing.

- Y/N, you is the most beautiful girl ever. Prettier than the moon. And you is also the most kind and fun Newsie there is, more than Davey and more than Finch!

We laugh slyghtly at the joke.

- And after I met ya, I don't care to sleep in a dirty hard bed, cause I can dream bout you

I'm at a loss of words. He's not.

- And then she realizes he is the strongest, sexiest, funniest man she knows. They get together, and are so happy that they sells more and more papes. Then one day they gets rich and gets married

- They marry?

- Yeah they do

- That's how it ends?

- Yep

- Ya should write it down...

- Yeah, I guess we should get it started

- Right now?

- Right now... Ya fine with it? – He leanstowards me, and I aim his lips. That's how our story begins.