The confession

"Madhu, I -" Salim was about to tell and someone shouted from behind ,
"Salim!" It was his father.
Hearing that loud yell Madhuri and Salim parted themselves from each other. Salim stood there in terror.
"Father."
" What are you doing here Salim?!" He yelled at him.
"Father I completed everything scheduled for today, this is supposed to be my free time that's why -" Salim started explaining to him.
"So ? You started dancing?"
"No father it was just-"
" What Salim? You are a man , a warrior, the next king , and you are here dancing like a girl. Salim you have disappointed me."
" I am sorry father"
" You are not supposed to be in here in the first place, how dare you ?"
"Father-" Before Salim could complete his sentence, his father pulled him by his ear and dragged him out with him.
"No no!" Madhuri called him out .
" Don't come Madhu" Salim said while going out with his father dragging him. She stood by the door with her eyes watery looking at him go away.
She knew that his father can do anything to him . His father took him to a room full of weapons and other stuff.

" If you had free time you could have come to the royal court to learn few good things instead of wasting your valuable time in such a way."
" I am sorry father."
" You keep on saying this again and again , do you understand anything?"
He kept his head down.
His father took the iron rod which were hanged on the wall in one hand.
"You wanted to dance ?"
" Like a girl ?"
"Which dance form do you want to learn?"
He hit him hard on his leg with that rod.
" You want to learn kathak or any other?"
He hit him again on his legs
"Father! Please "
"You want to learn footwork?"
Once again and again and again he hit him with that rod on his feet until it went numb. He was screaming and yelling with pain but his father was so furious that he didn't have any pity
" If I catch you once again, I will send you far away from all this , you understand me ?"
Salim nodded. His father threw the rod on the floor and left the room . Salim was still there on the floor, helpless.

Madhuri heard him scream , she ran towards the room and saw him on the floor holding his leg and hiding his tears.
As soon as she saw him, she went towards him .
" Salim, I am so sorry, it's my fault, I am so so sorry ." She was weeping
" No no madhu, it's not your fault please don't."
She placed his legs on her lap. She was so panicked as she didn't know what to do .
" Wait here I am bringing something, don't go. "
She rushed outside and brought some cloths and a bucket of cold water with her. She dipped the cloth in the cold water and slowly applied it to his legs.
" Better?"
" Yes."
As he looked at her taking care of him, he forgot all his pain.
" I am so sorry Salim, I shouldn't have challenged you."
" Madhu! Stop. It's not your fault, please don't blame yourself."
" But-"
" It's okay Madhu, I am used to it . I don't feel any pain anymore."
" Really?"
" Yes. "
He looked at her and decided to complete his sentence.
" Madhu?"
" Yes?"
"Something's happening to me ."
" What?!" She sounded scared.
" I think I am falling in love with you ."
She looked at him amazed. She stood there froze, with her eyes widened. He was looking at her smiling waiting for her to respond.
"Madhu?" He tried to make her come back to her senses.
She blinked and looked down.
" Madhu? Look at me . Do you love me ?"
She still was looking down. Slowly slowly she started lifting her head up at him and smiled a little with a tint of pink and red blush all around her face . Her eyes spoke everything.
He knew what her answer would be just by looking at her. He smiled and asked her again.
" Do you?"
" Madhu?"
She looked at him and nodded a yes towards him . As soon as he saw that, he bit his lips, blushed hard and started to hide his smile.
Madhuri on the other hand turned her back towards him and faced the other side and covered her smile with her hands.
" Madhu , look here "
" No , I am leaving now , see you later."
" No wait ."
An idea came to his mind which can make her stay.
" Aaah!" He yelled loudly.
" What happened?!" She immediately turned around and checked upon him .
" Are you in pain?"
" Yes madhu my legs are paining too hard."
" Oh , what should I do now ?"
" I know what you can do to ease the pain."
" What?"
" If I tell you , then you have to do it ."
" Yes I will do anything."
" Okay then."
He turned his head to his left and leaned forward.
" What?" She asked.
Then he pointed at his cheek.
" What?" She was still clueless.
Then he pointed at his lips, then pointed at her and once again on his cheek.
She was speechless. She tried to hide her Little smile .
Salim was having fun.
" Look if you don't then I would be in a lot of pain , I won't be able to sleep and then tomorrow I will be late and the you know what my father can do . So if you want all this to happen to me then you may go."
" Salim!"
" Decide."
She looked here and there .
"No one's here." Salim said.
He leaned his cheek forward again .
She smiled and gave him a little kiss on his cheek and then stood up took the bucket and cloth and ran away feeling all shy. Salim laughed at her and she heard him look behind for a second and the again started on her way out smiling and blushing.