coronation day

It was late at night and Salim was still awake.
" Salim? Are you still awake?" Madhuri saw him changing his sides again and again.
" Oh I am so sorry to wake you up!"
" No no , what happened, everything alright?"
" Everything is good but-"
" What's on your mind?"
" Tomorrow I will be crowned officially."
" Yes "
" And my father will give his crown to me "
" Yes"
" But you know, will he be happy?"
" Of course he will be happy!"
" But currently we are not on our best terms , I think we never were."
" I know "
" Somewhere in my mind I also think that if he hadn't been that strict towards me then I wouldn't be here right now you know? If he hadn't made me practice so much, maybe I wouldn't have been a good warrior I am now. I kind of should thank him for that."
" That's really nice Salim. Tomorrow go to see him . And tell him about our good news too!"
" You come with me ."
" Are you sure? I don't think he wants to see me."
" It will be fine after all you are the mother of our child, my wife , you should be there."
" Alright!"
" I hope I will do a great job towards my child "
" You will Salim, now Don't think too much, go to sleep."
" Yes"
They cuddled together and fell asleep.

The next day , just before the ceremony , Salim and Madhuri visited his father 's room .
" Father?"
" Who is it?"
" It's Salim"
" Only?"
" No , Madhuri is there too"
" Come in"
" Actually we wanted to tell you something"
" Yes?" His father was standing facing his back towards Salim .
" We - I mean us- you are"
" Salim what happened?" Madhuri whispered to Salim .
" Kings are always straight forward."
" You are going to be a grandfather , we both are expecting."
" Well that's great news !" He turned around. Salim smiled.
" Are you sure it's yours?" His father asked.
" What do you mean?"
" Are you sure it's your child and not her late husband's."
" Father!"
" What? I am expressing a genuine question."
" It's his!" Madhuri answered.
" Are you sure? Maybe this question can be only answered after your child's birth."
" Father , stop it please!"
" Why ? If you can do whatever you want so can I "
" Father you are questioning her character "
" I am definitely not. It can happen right? "
" It's not! It's not ! It's his only " Madhuri said.
" Madhuri don't explain. Let it be . I was wrong coming here."
" I am happy for your child Salim, of course I will be . But I would have been happier if it was with someone else."
" Father! Let's go Madhuri "
" Salim! Just so you know , I am proud that you won a difficult battle and won the bet. I am proud that you are the king now and I am very happy to give you my kingdom. But I am unhappy with only one thing, her! Nothing else ."
" Thank you, I will take your leave. Meet you at the ceremony."

Salim rushed out in anger holding her hand .
" Madhu! Madhu! "
" Salim!"
" I don't know how to apologise to you! Ever! "
" Salim! It's okay!"
" No, no! Not at all. He just judged your character . It's not ! "
" Salim, not now! You have to face all the people now, you are going to be a king! You can't go looking like this "
" Madhuri!" He exclaimed
" Salim please listen to me . Please?"
He didn't look at her
" Salim , please?"
" Fine, fine!"

Madhuri managed to get Salim all dressed up to the royal court for his official coronation. The palace was decorated beautifully. Everyone was dressed up to witness the coronation of the prince. All kinds of food and sweets were prepared for all the guests.

It ceremony began with great joy . Everyone was excited to bow ahead of the new king Salim .

" May I crown, the new king , my beloved son, Salim Azam Shah!" Everyone cheered for the new king.
His father crowned him and everyone bowed towards him. Everyone was happy and accepted him as their king.

" I Salim Azam Shah, take an oath , to always protect this kingdom with my life. I will make this kingdom a better place for you all to live with freedom. I promise to take care of you all and fulfill your needs. "
Everyone clapped for him

" As my first work for this kingdom , I have arranged everyday practice for all women and children for self-defense. I expect every woman to definitely join . I believe that everyone should be able to protect themselves that's the reason I have arranged this , please to come."

Everyone was shocked to hear this. All the women present there started clapping and cheering for king Salim.

Madhuri looked at him with her eyes filled with respect and proudness.
" Madhu? Come here , stand besides me."
Madhuri nodded a no.
" Come please?" He insisted and went towards her and brought her himself.
" This is Madhuri Gupta, now being My wife, Madhuri Salim Shah , from now onwards, she will be our queen. Queen Madhuri."
Everyone bowed towards her.
" I know we are not officially wedded for you all. We will conduct that too very soon. Thank you all for your time today and making this ceremony a total success. Thank you for accepting me as your king."

" No!" Princess Roop who was present there with her father king Jashan shouted.
" You promised to marry me!"
" I never did that"
" Well your father did."
" I don't care."
" I do! You haven't married her and still she is the queen? How is it possible?"
" What is your problem? "
" I want to marry you that's all. Father, you say something."
" King Azam you promised me your son for my daughter, didn't you?"
" I know, king Jashan please let's talk about this somewhere else "
" No not at all. Your son just declared this woman as his wife here!"
" I know but-"
" King Jashan , I never promised your daughter anything. I even told her everything before hand."
" How can you all accept a king like him?" She address to all the people present there.
" Stop it " Salim requested.
" Not now! I have been betrayed!"
" What?" Salim yelled.
Roop rushed towards Salim and stood directly in front of him.
" Please, princess"
" Why now? Marry me now or else -" she came very close to him.
" Please, stay away , princess Roop " Salim said in a low voice.
" Get away " Madhuri came in between him and Roop .
" You don't come in the middle of us."
" There is no us with you."
" You are no one to tell me "
" I am the queen "
" No , you are not married."
" Look at this"
She showed Roop the ring Salim had given to her placed on her ring finger.
" Sa-"
" King Salim " she corrected her .
" Please leave both of you " Salim ordered.
" How and why?"
" Please! Go or else I have to ask the guards."