I Can Find My Way...

Paul's POV

This is so, so much better.

The royal treatment is exquisite. I can certainly tell that Rose loves sleeping in her new dog bed. And this fancy king sized one that I'm in myself isn't too bad either. The Fair people treat me great in this castle, and I shall do the same to them as well. It's still hard to believe that there's an entire castle already built for me with a stained glass portrayal of me in it. They went all out, didn't they?

Rose licks my hand to fully wake me up. It's adorable, really. I have a crown with blue, sparkly jewels on it and Rose has a little banner across her body, in a different shade of blue. It's perfect for us.

"Ah, the king is awake!" I heard a guard say.  "Arise, King Paul, we have breakfast already made for you and your doggie companion downstairs. We know you're vegetarians, so we believe this fits your needs..."

Laid out on the table was yet another item I haven't had for a while...

"Waffles? Oh my, you've outdone yourselves! You all deserve something for this."

"No, no. This is all for our king. He deserves it. We're assuming his doggie girl likes her breakfast as well?"

Rose barks happily in response, quickly finishing up her food.

"Sire, we've also prepared something else for you..."

The guards lead me upstairs to the master bathroom, where they had prepared a bath for me.

"Shall we walk this lovely dog of yours for now?"

Eager to get into the tub and emerce in relaxation, I simply warn "Sure, but she might get a little separation anxiety." before locking the door.

I sink into the bubbly waters, so many things crossing my mind.

These Fair people are the nicest...

I wonder why they have this whole place dedicated to me and whose idea it was...it's very intriguing.

Being a king is rather fun...they seem to do a lot for me.

I'm so happy that Rose is in this adventure alongside me. She's no Martha when I was in the woods on my own, but she's a sweetheart.

I...I have inspiration.

My eyes widened when I realized that...the inspiration had returned. I had practically been on a hiatus with music and albums ever since Egypt Station, which turned out great, but it's time to write again...I sense a new album incoming, folks...

With that, I smile and get out of the tub, fully cleaned up now, and eager to write what I had in mind...

"We got her back, sire!" A guard stated, letting Rose go off of her leash as she jumped onto me. "You were right, she really must be close to you. Anything else we can get for you or your pooch here?" I shook my head, and all they did was stand outside my door.

Finally, I had it. Peace, tranquility, and the actual ability to get those songs out.

A guitar in hand, and Rose as my audience, I gave her all that was on my mind:

"Do you, do-do do you miss me?"

"I know my way around, I walk towards the light..."

"Meet the pretty boys, a line of bicycles for hire, objects of desire"

"When tomorrow comes around, you'll be looking at the future, so keep your feet up on the ground and get ready to run."

"You think that she's a winner when she's cooking you your dinner but she's really moving in for the kill"

"You know that deep deep feeling when you love someone so much you feel your heart is gonna burst?"

"Every time I try I feel like I can fly, but I know that I can die trying"

"She scored a bullseye in the early morning glow, early morning glow..."

"Yankee toes and Eskimos can turn to frozen ice..."

"Gotta let me know if we can throw a party every night"

"Two young foxes have been nosing around..."

Rose jumped for joy, as to applaud my beginnings of my songs.

"Thanks, Rosie. They'll all sound beautiful in time..."

I can find my way here...