Whisper Words of Wisdom

The horror, oh, the horror...

It never ends.

I'm stuck, Rose is stuck, I'm gonna die...I might as well.

Frail old man...is that really what I am? That can't be true, right?

Ugh, who am I kidding...it is. Despite my valiant efforts continuing to this day...I'm not in my 20s anymore with the others. I'm supposed to be the one with the brave face, but in this bad of a situation...how can I go forward?

I'm talking to myself. I'm fully aware I'm having a nightmare. I'm stuck inside a cloud of pain, and soon that cloud will fade away and the pain will be real.

If only I had left with Nancy...

"Paul..."

"Huh? What?"

"Paul..."

"Who are you? What do you want from me? Please, I'm suffering enough..."

"Macca, don't be afraid, it's just us."

Two angels fluttering their white wings, a golden halo atop their heads, the little glow in their eyes...I knew. John and George.

John flies closer to me and holds my hand. "We've witnessed your past few days. You're struggling, especially now. My poor bunny, in so much pain...it hurts to watch."

George flies closer and holds my other hand. "We are proud of you, though. You wrote some amazing songs. And maybe after this encounter you'll write a song about it, but that's not why we're here."

"Indeed, Hazza. We're here involving your situation, Macca. You've got to break free and escape."

I suddenly feel scared by two of my closest mates. "But...but I don't know how. And look at me, I'm a frail old man...I can't fight."

George shakes his head. "First of all, that's not true. You can do a head stand and you're almost 80! How impressive is that? You've got so much power, we both know that no matter what those monsters try to do to you, master McCartney has got it figured out."

This finally, after what I thought would be another recurring nightmare, felt like  weight off my shoulders and a power resurgence. I reach out and hug my two angel mates, crying lightly into their arms. "What would I ever do without you two?"

John chuckles. "Who knows, Macca, get punished unfairly? But you're not getting that. Our power will prevent that."

I innocently look up at them like a child asking "What is heaven like?"

John is eager to speak, but George covers his mouth before he does.

"Sorry, Paul, but we're legally not allowed to tell the living about heaven. It's left to their imagination, so when you come join us one day, you'll experience it for yourself." He strokes my hair a few times before both angels of saving grace fade away...

A large bump jolts me awake. Wow. I essentially just had another Let it Be moment, and if I didn't just have a load of songs in my back pocket, I'd wrote about this experience...I mean, it's not too late, right?

I look over at Rose's cage, where I noticed it was never locked properly in the first place. She could escape, but she just felt hopeless.

"Rose...psst, Rose, can you get me out of here?"

Too late to ask.

"Ah, Mr. McCartney, you've awoken from your brief slumber! I hope you enjoyed it, as it'll be your last..."

"What even is my punishment?"

"Well, dealing with severity...hmm...oh, I know the perfect one...I hope you and your pup like music."

"Can't you tell? I write music, I love it."

He smirks and starts blasting Revolution 9 on a speaker. Rose winces. Even she knows the pain from not only the loud noise, but what she's enduring.

"See you in 12 hours! If you haven't gone insane, that is."

Oh, not on my watch...