Chapter 5: A Burden To Carry On

(Jaune is seen sleeping in his Team's dorm until he wakes up and realizes it's morning.)

Jaune: Oh, it's morning. Well, time to prepare some breakfast.

(He goes down to prepare some breakfast. He fries some eggs and bacon before making some pancakes, toast and even orange juice. As he finishes preparing the breakfast, he dusts himself.)

Jaune: Man, I wish I had a chronometer or something. Whatever, now I just need to call my teammates to get some.

(Suddenly Nora pops up and smiles brightly by seeing pancakes.)

Nora: Oooooh! Pancakes! (excited) MY FAVORITES!

(Pyrrha and Ren come in.)

Ren: (groans) Nora, could you please not scream so loudly?

Pyrrha: Morning.

Jaune: Morning, girls.

Ren: You did all of this for breakfast?

Jaune: Well, it's the most important meal every day.

(Nora picks up the syrup and adds it on the pancakes.)

Ren: Nora, don't eat that much pancakes. It'll be bad for your health.

Jaune: Let's just eat the breakfast because none of us wants to be late for the first day, right?

Pyrrha: Now you mentioned...

(As they eat their breakfast, Jaune looks at the watch and it's 08:55.)

Jaune: Uh-oh, classes will start within five minutes. We're gonna be late!

(Jaune and his teammates dash as they catch up with Team RWBY who are also dashing to the class. In the courtyard, Professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch watch the two teams hurry through the school. Glynda looks at her watch, and Ozpin simply sips his drink.)

(Timeskip)

(The sight of an axe-blunderbuss weapon pans down to the boards displaying various species of Grimm - King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa - behind an elderly teacher named Peter Port.)

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

(Team JNPR is seen focusing on the class as Jaune takes notes about it.)

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses... (gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably at) Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Student: (raises his fist) Ayyyy-yep! (stands like this for a moment as everyone looks at him strangely before sitting down, embarrassed)

Jaune: (sighs) I feel bad for him...

Port: Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

(Jaune returns his focus on Port's explanation while Weiss tries to do the same, but Ruby's antics prove to not be helping.)

Port: ...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me...

(Jaune notices Weiss' frustration with Ruby's antics and thinks about helping, but his thoughts are interrupted by Port.)