Chapter 6: Decadedice

(Jaune is seen as Decade, fighting Carol Winchester due to her attempts to bully him. She draws her Executioner and swings at him, but he blocks her attack with his Ride Booker and kicks her down.)

Decade: (pulls out a card) Now you see me...

ATTACK RIDE: INVISIBLE!

Decade: Now you don't.

Carol: Come on, afraid of a little retaliation?

Decade: How would you know? (punches her) Not everyone does what they do without regretting the day they did.

(Decade then keeps attacking her, until her aura drops red.)

Decade: Well, this is getting boring... so I guess I'm done here.

Carol: Why you...

Glynda: (comes in) That's enough!

(Decade reverts back to Jaune as Glynda speaks up again.)

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Ms. Winchester's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Carol is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.

(As Jaune is about to leave, Glynda stops him.)

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Jaune: No, no, of course not.

Glynda: Good, now get back to your seat. (Jaune does so as Glynda looks at Carol) You too, Ms. Winchester.

(Carol pouts as she goes back to her seat, and glares at Jaune, who returns to his teammates.)

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

(The bell rings, and students start leaving as Pyrrha grows worried about Jaune.)

(Timeskip)

(Nora is seen telling a story to both her teammates and Team RWBY.)

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren (off screen): It was day.

Nora: (to Blake Belladonna, paying no attention as she is lost in her book, and Yang, who is hanging on her every word with her hands cupping her face) We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren: (holding a coffee cup) They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them! (she screams this as she stands at the table of both Team RWBY and JNPR, where Weiss is ignoring Nora and filing her nails, Ruby and Pyrrha are listening politely, and Jaune eating.)