CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The tension in the air was thick. No words had been spoken between the two Hyugas.

The tension was thick an
Naruto was getting tired of it.

"So, the rice here looks great".

Silence.

"I mean I'm not really a rice fan but it looks of the charts".

Silence.

"What about you guys?".

"Hinata, can you please tell your friend to excuse us".

"He has a name father". Hinata spoke staring icily at her father.

"No it fine. I'll leave you two too catch up".

Naruto stood up and exited the restaurant mouthing a 'thank you' on his way out.

"Hinata I....".

"No let me talk father. If this is one of your schemes to convince me to marry Toneri forget it. I'm not getting married to Toneri and I'm not moving to Tokyo. If you have nothing to say other than that then I suggest you take your leave".

"After you left Naruto came for a visit. I don't know why but he apologized that it was all his fault. He also apologized to Toneri.

He said 'Hinata Hyuga is a kind, smart and beautiful person. And I can't let someone thak wonderful be forced into a marriage she doesn't. It will drain her if all the happiness in her life and I can't let something that horrible happen to her. In order to end this marriage I am willing to give up everything I have'.

He was willing to give his entire company to the Otsutsuki's".

"Naruto he...".

She remembered the conversation she had with Naruto about the company.

It was the only connection he had with his parents and he was willing to let all of it go for her.

"Toneri accepted the deal".

"Father how could you? you sell me off to Toneri and now this. That's low even for you".

"I didn't accept it". The Hyuga sighed and continued calmly. "You marriage to Toneri wasn't a deal. Toneri had said he loved you and was going to take care of you and protect you.

Hinata you needed a family who cared for you. Protected you and made you happy and I couldn't be that family so I wanted you to make a different family yourself.

Naruto gave up his company just for you. That's what a real family does. What I couldn't do. I wanted you to create that perfect family to make you happy and instead you found them and I can take them away from you. I called off the marriage Hinata".

Family. Her father was right. She did find a new family and sure it was full of weird people with crazy characters, but when the worse comes to the worse they'll always be there for each other.

Neji, Tenten, Kiba and Shino were also her family. She was happy to be blessed with such a big family.

"You may have it been the best dad but you are still my father and one day I hope we can rekindle our father daughter bond".

It was faint but Hinata could have sworn she saw a smile form on Hyuga's face.

"Then why don't we start now. How about dinner". Hiashi said gesturing to the table in front of her.

"Dinner would be great".

"Do you love him?". Hiashi asked randomly half way through the dinner.

"W-what?". Hinata started turning crimson red caught off guard by her father's question..

"Naruto. Do you love him?".

"I don't hate him. He's nice. I'm physically attracted to him but love is a strong word".

"So you don't love him".

"I-i didn't say that". Her blush deepened as she was staring intently at the plate.

"Yes or no". Hiashi asked getting impatient.

He wasn't the one supposed to be having this conversation with his daughter.

Fortunately for the unsure Hinata this wasn't the first time he was having this conversation so his patience isn't draining as fast as his first time with Neji.

Hinata closed her eyes reminiscing all the times she had spent with Naruto.

The first time she had made eye contact with him and given him peonies instead of Sai. When they had lamely planned a date together and he kissed her on the forehead.

The first time he called her beautiful when she was dressed like a princess. The second time he called her beautiful in his house when their faces was barely and inch apart.

And their first kiss. It had been short and brief but when his lips touched hers she felt a electricity run through her body.

She loved him and there was no denying it.

"Yes".

"Then why don't you tell him". "It's not that easy".

Hiashi shook his head wondering if this was something rehearsed among children nowadays because Hinata was saying the exact same thing Neji said.

"Yes it is. I love you, thing happens before you know it you're married".

Hinata turned crimson again. She had thought of being in a romantic relationship with Naruto but the thought of marriage never crossed her mind.

"W-what if he doesn't feel the same way".

"Well isn't it better to be told directly than him getting married to another lady".

"I'm just scared things may not be the same between us".

"Being scared is not permitted. If you don't tell him in the next one week I will and it won't be as magical as you wish it to be".

"Yes father".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey are you still angry". Sakura timidly walked into the kitchen where Sasuke was sitting at the table and had been stabbing the same spot for over an hour.

"What makes you think I'm angry". Sasuke asked looking up with his eyebrows knotted together.

Sakura walked over to the table and pointed at the hole he stabbed into the table. "You've been hitting the same spot for and hour". She replied taking a seat beside him.

"Oh". Sasuke dropped the knife and let out a tired breath.

Putting her hands in his she turned the Uchiha to face her.

"Are you alright?".

"My father wanted a perfect son. And even now that he's gone I can't help but wonder if I'm not good enough to be that son".

"Sasuke Uchiha you are the most arrogant person I know. You hate  twenty percent of the human population. You insult almost everyone you meet making a terrible first impression. You are competitive. And for some reason always carry a knife on you.

Those are all your flaws and most of the things I love about you. I love how you think you're the only person that's perfect for me. I love that you threaten to kill everyone who I hate or who you hate. I love that you think I look beautiful when I stare daggers. I also love that you're competitive.

You don't have to be perfect for someone to love you. You just have to be you. And if the person loves you for who you are then person is worth your time".

Sasuke smiled looking at the pinkette.

"You know Sakura I'm not perfect, you're not perfect. But unlike me you never cared about being perfect. You have flaws to. You're also imperfect and yet somehow you managed to be the perfect part of my life. I guess imperfection really is a beauty".

Sakura's lips curved wrapped her arms around the Uchiha while Sasuke did the same behind her back.

"Do you still miss him?".

"Everyday".