➥ 000, the devil

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE MOON WAS HIGH IN THE NIGHT SKY AMONGST THE STARS, someplace in the five great nations under this faithful night sat a mother and her two sons. the young boys were tucked in under the covers as their mother spoke as she did every night, telling them stories just to help the younger one sleep.

"mom, aren't i too old for this kind of childish story?" the older one spoke, clearly unimpressed with the situation. his black eyes narrowed, under which were long, pronounced tear-troughs. jet-black hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and his face was framed with centre-parted bangs that extended to his chin. the older son's overall appearance was very similar to his little brother, sasuke.

the beautiful raven-haired woman chuckled in response, not bothered by her son's reluctant attitude. "sure you are itachi, but sasuke enjoys it," she stated, glancing at her younger son, who was just staring blankly whilst awaiting her story.

"and besides," the woman started, pausing as she looked down with a small smile. "this story is far from childish. i remember my mother told me of it when i was your age, itachi."

this visibly piqued itachi's interest. his brows furrowed in confusion and anticipation at the statement it was 'far from childish'. he didn't say anything in reply, as his mother began her tale...

"once upon a time, a long, long time ago, demon-like beasts roamed the lands we stand on today. they would feast on human flesh every night, turning others unfortunate enough into monsters just like them. they were truly terrifying and horrible creatures, but the worst among them all was the demon king himself. known for his ruthless and deadly presence. his blood-red eyes and narrowed cat-like pupils radiating nothing but bloodlust and hunger for human blood. no one knows where he came from, how he became what he was, and why he did what he did. he was as alluring as beauty and as corrupted as the devil.

he killed, ate, and multiplied his demons, keeping the ones he titled as the strongest among his demon creations close. he tormented and destroyed all in his path, before both a samurai and very, very powerful shinobi by the name of yoriichi tsugikuni stood in his path, and managed to stand in the way of the demon king, at the cost of his own life.

to this day, no one knows what happened to the king. some say he's dead at the hands of the samurai, and others say he's still out there, too weak to carry on."

itachi along with his little brother stared in silence as their mother finished her short, but eerie story. itachi's eyes had widened slightly, but quickly recovered, going back to his usual stoic expression. "no way that stories real. i mean, i've never even heard of a shinobi by the name of 'yoriichi'..."

their mother chuckled before leaning down and pecking her eldest sons forehead, "your probably right," she took susuke's hand in hers, standing up from her seat and heading to the door of itachi's room, preparing to take her younger son to his own bed as she led him out.

she stopped by the door, glancing back at itachi with a mysterious smile.
"then again, you never know." and with that, she took susuke out the room and closed the door behind her, leaving itachi to ponder her words in silence.

he stared at the closed door to where his brother and mother had left through, before shifting his gaze to the roof, clenching the blanket covers tightly at all the thinking. he scoffed, his eyes narrowed and lips pursed.

"yeah right,"