Sigyn

Screams and cries filled the quarters, nurses running in and out with buckets of water.  Then, a loud crash like something had fallen. then nurses ran out, sweat on their forehead, and hearts filled with joy and hope. 

"It's a girl!"

"A girl? How wonderful!" 

"It's a girl!"

Word spread fast across the realm of Vanaheim, everyone excited for the king and queen.

Yet screams began to fill the room again. 

"There's another!"

"Keep pushing!"

"I see a head!" 

In the chambers, two baby's were born. Both with hair white as snow, and beautiful blue eyes. 

One maiden of the name Atla stood by the queen's side the whole time. Mostly because her eldest son, who promised to watch his mother while his father was away, fainted.  The eldest son was Freyr, with beautiful white hair like his father. 

The queen was soon handed the girl, who was now calm and asleep. she had rosy skin, and a bit of white hair had already appeared on top of her head. She breathed evenly. A healer stepped towards the queen, who still lay in bed, but now with her daughter.

"She is healthy, my queen. What will you call her?" The healer asked. 

The queen didn't look up from her beautiful baby girl. "Sigyn. I bless you with a big heart and a strong mind. May it help you in rough times." 

Atla then handed the queen the son. "Your son is well, queen Freya. Would you like to hold him?" Atla spoke, her voice soaked with honey. Freya carefully handed Sigyn to another maiden, and took her son in her arms. 

This one squirmed and whimpered slightly, then relaxed into his mothers arms. Freya smiled down at him. He looked so much like his father already. "Alvis. May you focus on what's most important, and take care of yourself and your sister always." 

...

The king dropped of his dreki, leaving the guards to tend to it's wounds, and bounded off inside the castle to find his wife. He rushed to the quarter's doors, but Atla stood in front. The king looked at her skeptically. "Stand aside, Atla. I wish to see Freya." when he spoke, it was of silk. Atla shook her head. "I am not sure she is ready my lord, for she is still weak." Atla argued. The king raised in eyebrow. "I do not wish to bed her, Atla. Not yet, anyway." He responded. 

Atla raised her eyebrows at him. "Oh, would ya give it up, Iwaldi?! You can't see her yet, so stop tryin'!" She declared, shouting at her friend. Iwaldi rolled his eyes. "I've just come back from a successful battle with Asgard, am I not allowed to share my victory with my wife?" He fought. 

Atla groaned. "We're ya not listenin'? She and the babes are resting." 

But at the mention of his children, Iwaldi walked past her and into the chambers, where all eyes were now on him. His eyes landed on the queen sleeping, and two small beings in a crib. 

Iwaldi felt a smile creep on his face as he walked towards the crib where the twins lay, sleeping peacefully. 

Atla came in after him. "Twins, my king." 

"What are their names, Atla?"

"Alvis and Sigyn." 

And soon, word of king Iwaldi and queen Freya's new children spread across realms...