Thor

The blonde awoke felling groggy. It was still dark out, and Thor stared out into the balcony. Something was wrong. 

Loki. 

Thor ran out into the hall way, running into his brother's room. 

Loki sat on the bed, a long piece of paper on the floor to his bed. He was crying. Thor ran to his side. "Loki! What happened? Who made you cry?!" Thor questioned, his voice raising at the end. Loki looked at him, his face wet from tears and his eyes puffy and red. 

Thor embraced his brother in a tight hug, still hugging even when Loki did not hug back. Eventually, Thor let go and wiped is brother's tears away.  "Loki, what happened?" Thor said, trying to speak softly. Loki sniffed and looked away. "I'm going to die." He whimpered, a tear falling down his cheek.  

Thor looked incredibly confused. "What in the norns are you talking about?" He asked. Loki gestured to the letter on the floor. "The King and Queen of Vanaheim have children. Father killed their second born, now they will come for me." Loki explained. 

Thor's eyebrows went together. "That doesn't make any sense!" He blurted. Loki looked into his brother's eyes. "Don't you see, Thor?! It's an eye for an eye!" Loki cried. Thor sat on the bed next to Loki. "Then wouldn't they come for me?" He wondered. "Bad things don't happen to you, Thor. Your father's golden child. You'll be protected and I won't." Loki replied. 

"I won't let anyone hurt you, brother. Never. I'll kill the people who dare lay a hand on you, the prince of asgard." Thor stood up, striking a heroic pose. Loki shook his head. "I don't want to die." he whispered. Thor looked back to him. "I promise you brother, no one can hurt you as long as I'm here." 

Loki smiled at this, and Thor embraced him once again.

After a while, they two brothers broke apart. "Here, I'll stay beside you while you rest." Thor said bravely. Loki nodded, pulling the covers over his head. Thor walked over to the small couch by the fire place, and sat down. 

He watched the fire crack and pop, it's red and orange bright colors enchanted the prince. Slowly sleep engulfed him, and he feel asleep quickly.

---------

Loki woke up, looking around the room. Thor was slumped deeply in the chair, snoring loudly. Loki rolled his eyes and threw his pillow at the blonde boy. Thor was always a heavy sleeper, so this did nothing to wake him. The raven haired prince got up and shoved Thor off the chair. The prince fell down with a large thud, and sat up quickly. 

Loki laughed at his expression, and Thor stood up. Loki took this as an opportunity to run while he still had the chance.