Sigrún

Sigrún closed the door to her chambers. By the time she returned from her walk with Loki, it was already nightfall. She had a dreamy smile on her face, thinking of the Æsir prince. His hair was a perfect inky black and his eyes were like emeralds, sparkling in the sunlight. She had never seen eyes so mesmerizing before. 

The two had so much in common, they both were fascinated by poetry, and she loved the way his eyes sparkled when he spoke of something he enjoyed. He didn't give her a look of disgust when she handed him the beetle. 

Shit, she was in love.  

"You missed supper." 

Sigrún gasped, looking at the dark corner of her room. "Who are you?" Sigrún questioned, trying to keep her voice as stable as possible. The figure stepped out, reviling Aelsa. Sigrún smiled nervously. "Mother! You frightened me." she stammered. Aelsa walked closer to her daughter. "Where were you, dear child?" her mother inquired. Sigrún felt her smile return, making her mother raise an eyebrow.

"I was on a walk with Prince Loki," Sigrún admitted. Now both Aelsa's eyebrows went up. "Prince Loki, you say? And why were you on a walk with the god of mischief?" 

Sigrún shrugged. "Apologizes for not telling you, mother," Sigrún mumbled. Aelsa stared at her for a few moments. "I don't like how he looks at my daughter." Aelsa stated. Sigrún giggled. "We've only just met, Mother!" the princess pointed out. Aelsa shook her head. "Just...please be careful around men. They're cruel, and not just men, but women as well. Don't fall for someone who will break your heart." 

And with that, the queen left the room. Sigrún sighed. 

Adaia walked into the room, surprising Sigrún. "Is everything alright, my dove?" Sigrún shook her head and buried her face in her hands. Adaia smiled and led her to the bed. "Sit with me, my daughter." Sigrún took her hands off her face, and Adaia set them in her lap. "What did your mother say to you?" 

Sigrún looked into Adaia's eyes. "What was it like when you fell in love with her?" Adaia smiled. "It was both exhilarating and calming, and it inspired me to be my best self. Our bond grew stronger over time, and once we were both sure we loved each other, we were married. And now we stay together threw even the toughest challenges." 

Adaia tilted her head. "Are you in love, Sigrún?" 

"I don't know."

The two stayed in comfortable silence for a bit, before Adaia stood up. "You have a big heart, Sigrún. Just a fuzzy head."