Iwaldi, Hnoss and Freyr

Hnoss was determined to master the art of swordplay. She had been practicing for weeks with her father, the king, who was known for his skill with a blade. The sound of clashing steel echoed through the courtyard as they sparred, the princess focused on every movement, every strike. She knew that her father was pushing her to be her best, and she was determined to prove herself. As they continued, she found herself gaining confidence and strength. 

She could feel the power in her arms as she parried and thrust, the weight of the sword becoming less and less of a burden. Her father nodded in approval as she landed a solid hit, a smile of pride on his face. The princess knew that she still had much to learn, but she was determined to become a master of the sword, just like her father. 

Freyr cheered for his sister, making Hnoss look at him. Iwaldi took this chance to sweep her leg, making her fall on her bum. Hnoss glared at her brother, while he just laughed nervously. Iwaldi shook his head, smiling, and held his hand out for his daughter. "Well done, Hnoss. You've gotten much better." He smiled at her. Hnoss forced a smile, upset she lost. Freyr walked over, still laughing a bit.

Hnoss stood up herself, still glaring at daggers at her brother. "I will have your tongue if you do not silence it." She threatened, signing. Freyr stopped laughing. Iwaldi chuckled. "Hnoss, you would be devastated if anything happened to your brother." He pointed out. Has Mother come out of her meeting yet, Father?  Freyr signed. Iwaldi shook his head. "Not yet, I'm afraid." Freyr nodded. 

A guard approached Iwaldi with a scroll. Hnoss and Freyr exchanged looks. Iwaldi thanked the guard after checking the scroll, and the guard left with a bow. "What is it, Father?" Hnoss asked, signing as she did. Iwaldi turned to them. "There is trouble in the kingdom. Something is killing the animals." He walked off, gesturing for them to follow him. "Do we have any idea what it could be?" Hnoss asked, walking with her Brother and Father. 

"No clue." Iwaldi signed. "Ready our steads!" He called off to a nearby guard. The three turned into the stable, Freyr smiling at the stable boy. Hnoss hopped on a deep black house, its mane long and smooth. She signed for her brother to get on the back and he looked back at her unsure. Come, I promise I won't let you fall.  Hnoss signed. Freyr narrowed his eyes at her. You better not. He gestured. 

As they made their way across the kingdom, the King and his children met many different people, from farmers and merchants to soldiers and knights. The King made sure to stop and talk to each person, asking if they saw anything about the creature killing the animals. The King was talking to a merchant, Freyr and Hnoss behind him. 

Hnoss saw a large crowd of people in her prereferral vision. Hnoss began to walk over to the group when Freyr grabbed her arm. Freyr shook his head no. Hnoss yanked her arm out of his grasp and sighed. Why not? There is something over there! Hnoss signed. Freyr took one last look at his father, then took her hand and walked over to the crowd. Hnoss pushed through it, eager to see what the fuss was about. 

There was a lamb. Its body parts were scattered all across the small fence, or what was left of them. Hnoss looked around for the animal's head, yet found nothing. Iwaldi walked up from behind them. "What happened here?" he asked a farmer nearby. "I swear it was a troll, Your Majesty! he sputtered. Iwaldi raised an eyebrow. "A troll, you say? Certainly not a Jotuun." He asks. The farmer looked down. 

"I am not sure, my King. It was the dead of night and was too dark to see many details." The farmer spoke. Iwaldi looked at him. "Well, what can you tell me?" The farmer pointed to his house. "I know the beast was as tall as a house, and when it walked it shook the realm!" Iwaldi hummed. The King stepped in front of the crowd, now all eyes were on him. "Fear not! My children and I will seek this beast out, and kill it." He boomed. The crowd cheered, and Hnoss and Freyr exchanged a look.