Loki

The prince couldn't stop thinking about Sigrún. Despite their brief encounter, he was struck by her beauty and kindness. He lay awake at night, thinking about her smile. 

Every day, he was lost in thought, dreaming of her beauty and grace. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't shake the feeling that she was meant to be his. He longed to meet her, to speak with her, and to win her heart. But he knew she was far out of his reach, living in a distant land he hardly visited.

Still, he couldn't help but hope that one day their paths would cross, and he would have the chance to prove his love to her.  

That day would be today. Loki sat up from his potion in the library, letting the book fall from his lap. The raven-haired prince stormed out of the palace, taking a horse, and riding off to the Bifrost. 

As he arrived, Heimdall called for him. "I see the god of mischief is in love." Heimdall observed. Loki glared at him. "Take me to Alfheim." he demanded. 

Loki was immediately taken to the realm and in front of the palace. The large palace in Alfheim is truly a sight to behold. Its towering walls are made of shimmering white marble, and its many windows are adorned with intricate gold filigree. The entrance is flanked by two massive stone pillars, each carved with images of mythical creatures. 

He walked into the palace, and saw the inside was far more interesting than the front. Inside, the palace is just as magnificent, with grand halls and sweeping staircases leading to countless rooms and chambers filled with treasures beyond imagining. Every inch of the palace was decorated with the finest art and sculptures, making it a true wonder of the realm. 

He walked up to a staircase, though he had absolutely no idea where he was going. Loki sighed, taking on the appearance of queen Adaia and walking to a maid. The maid noticed this and bowed deeply. "Good morrow, your highness. Is there something I can do for you?" the maid said sheepishly. 

"I'm looking for my daughter. Where is she?" 'Adaia' asked. 

The maid looked up in confusion. "I believe she mentioned something about the forest earlier this morning, my queen." This was all Loki needed to hear. 

The prince turned back into himself, going back the way he came to find the forest. Loki saw a rather large beetle fly past him, and he was intrigued to follow it. The prince ventured into the enchanting forest, filled with lush greenery and colorful blooms. His heart pounded with excitement as he sought out the princess, whom he had been searching for tirelessly.

As he meandered through the forest, Loki marveled at the beauty around him. The birds sang sweet melodies, and the sun shone through the trees, casting dappled shadows on the ground. Suddenly, he stumbled upon a clearing, and his heart skipped a beat. There, in the center of the clearing, stood Sigrún. She was even more beautiful than the last time he saw her, with long golden hair and sparkling sapphire eyes. 

Fuck. He really was in love. 

The prince approached her slowly, his heart racing with anticipation. 

"Sigrún-"

"AH!"

"Ah?"

"Loki?! Oh, Norns, you frightened me." Even Sigrún couldn't help the childish grin that appeared on her face. Loki just stood there awkwardly, smiling and blushing at her. Sigrún giggled lightly and flushed like a school girl. "Hold out your hand." she told him. Loki did what he was told. Sigrún turned around, then back at him. She put her hand in his, and saw his ears tint red. 

Loki began to feel something tickling his hand. Sigrún released her hand, and a small green beetle was reviled. "Look, isn't it the cutest little thing?" she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with joy. The prince nodded, admiring the way the princess's face lit up. It was clear that she had a deep love for nature and all its creatures. But soon, the small beetle flew away. 

Sigrún took Loki's hand. "Will you walk with me, Loki?" she asked, hoping he wouldn't refuse. Loki smiled widely. "You know these forests far more than I do. Lead the way." he replied.

That walk was the most wonderful thing that ever happened to Loki.