X

"Aren't you going to tell Shindo-kun that we're moving, (Y/n)?" Your sister, Harumi, asked curiously as the both of you wait in line to pay for the ice cream you bought.

You paused for a moment before replying, "I was going to, but I decided against it... I don't want to see him crying and beg me to stay." You looked down, solemnly.

You weren't entirely lying, he was your first friend so naturally, you'd have a soft spot for him but you were willing to push your friendship away if it risked changing the plot.

Plus, you noticed that he seemed to harbor feelings for you. Sure you were a bit dense, but you weren't a fool, just a bit denial. If your assumption is true, it might really f*ck up the plot since he'll have a girlfriend later on in the future.

Harumi smiled at you in sympathy before patting your head lovingly. "I understand. Honestly, I didn't expect us to move to another village after your transfer."

You nodded. "Yeah, but I guess it also makes sense because the school I'm transferring to is coincidentally near where our father's workplace is soon to be so it's convenient, I think."

Your sister hummed in agreement as she took the plastic bag containing the ice cream from the cashier after paying and you both exited the store, going to the direction of where the car is parked.

"Gee, you both took too long buying a simple ice cream." Your brother, Kiko-who surprisingly went past his emo phase, groaned.

"What do you mean? It's only been 10 minutes, you're being dramatic." Harumi playfully rolled her eyes as she sat on the front passenger's seat, beside Kiko.

"Really? It felt like years has passed ever since you guys entered the store." Kiko smirked, looking at Harumi.

You ignored their bickering as you sat alone in the back seat, putting on your seatbelt as you held the ice cream.

Not long after, your older brother drove away as he and Harumi continued bickering, albeit playfully. You disregard them, staring out the window at nothing in particular.

"My goodness, Kiko.. you almost hit that poor squirrel! You reckless driver! Maybe I should be the one driving." Harumi huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh please, like you're any better." Kiko rolled his eyes before continuing, "It was clearly a rock, maybe we should take a quick trip to an eye doctor to get your eyesight checked." Harumi gasped at his comeback.

"Really?! I didn't know rocks made noises and can carry acorns with their little hands nowadays, I wasn't informed of their recent evolution..!" Harumi said through gritted teeth.

You glanced at the two in the corner of your eyes, surprised at the sudden display of bravery Kiko was displaying against their unmatched older sister. 'Careful, play too much and you might just get straight up murdered on the spot..I'm not in the mood to clean up a murder.' You thought before going back to staring outside through the window.

"Tsk. Calm down, would ya? I narrowly avoided it." Kiko groaned.

"Still. You never know, you might just hit a nice old lady trying to cross the road with your "marvelous" driving skills." Harumi emphasized the word "marvelous".

"You know what else is marvelous?~" Kiko grinned while Harumi deadpanned already predicting what he was about to say. "This monster co-"

"WATCH OUT!"

"Huh-?"

Harumi quickly grabbed the steering wheel and swerved out of the way causing you and Kiko to yell in panic.