𝐒𝐎𝐀𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐄

SOAP AND THE NIGHTINGALE{WRITTEN BY EMILIA_MIDNIGHTS}

{WRITTEN BY EMILIA_MIDNIGHTS}

SOAP AND THE NIGHTINGALE{WRITTEN BY EMILIA_MIDNIGHTS}

THERE WERE MANY THINGS THAT WERE KEPT OFF THE RECORDS FOR JOHN PRICE. This left a lot of his personal life blank to those within the military, until after a barely successful mission with the 141 that resulted in Kate Laswell and Price having a long discussion over a few drinks.

THE TOPIC OF THE CONVERSATION REVOLVED AROUND ONE THING. After escaping and completing the mission by the skin of their teeth, Laswell insisted that Price look at expanding his task force roster, leading to the captain deciding to make some calls. Reconnecting him with the life and those he kept private from the military.

RAISED WITHIN THE GOLDEN, WEED STENCHED STREETS OF CALIFORNIA. As the youngest in a family of technically five, Layla Bird often felt like a mouse in a flock of wolves. Silent and quick. It was something she never felt ostracised for by those she loved, in fact, it was what her older siblings Mattie and Alessia were grateful for because it meant that at least one person usually had their head screwed on straight.

WITH A DEADBEAT FATHER, THE BIRD TRIO HAD LATCHED ONTO ANOTHER MALE FIGURE IN THEIR LIVES. Price had been as involved with Mattie, Alessia and Layla as possible. He'd never liked their father, and never thought he was good enough for his sister. Once Price started to grow within the military ranks, his visits became less and less frequent until they were on a phone call once every few months relationship.

EVEN WITH THE REDUCED TIME THEY HAD TOGETHER, THERE WAS NO DENYING THAT PRICE HAD AN EFFECT ON THEIR LIVES. As Mattie, Alessia and Layla each reached the legal age, they all applied for the military. Following in the footsteps of their uncle who they admired so much. So, when a call came in from Price informing them that all three of them were being transferred from their current unit to join his own task force.

INTEGRATING INTO AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED TASK FORCE WAS CHALLENGING FOR ANYONE. Layla in particular. While her spirited siblings were able to easily meld into the task force, she struggled to even speak in front of her new teammates. Layla was content to remain in her secluded bubble, but a certain Scottish Sergeant seemed determined to crack her shell.