𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

The orange afterglow of sunset was casted across the arid landscape of the Middle East as the military team prepared for their mission

The orange afterglow of sunset was casted across the arid landscape of the Middle East as the military team prepared for their mission. A diverse group of skilled individuals, each wearing the weight of their training and experience, gathered around a makeshift table covered with maps, communication equipment, and weapons.

This was Squadron Sentinel, a specialised unit within the Delta Force branch of the United States Army assembled for high-risk operations in the heart of a region known for its complexities and challenges. They had had jurisdiction within many regions to uphold military regulation, govern military territories and force martial law.

Commander Ethan Heath, a seasoned veteran, leaned over the map, tracing the intricate lines with his gloved finger. The mission was codenamed "Sandstorm Strike" an operation that aimed to eliminate a high-value target in the region.

Alexei Kozlov, a Russian agent who had been rubbing shoulders with a group of arsonists while simultaneously evading capture for years, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. This operation required precision, speed and a well-coordinated strategy.

The team's objective was clear, yet the variables that came with navigating this geopolitical maze were anything but.

"Listen up," Ethan's voice carried authority as he addressed the team. "We've got a limited time before the target shifts locations. Intel indicates that he's moving through a series of safe houses, making it challenging to predict his next move. Our window of opportunity is closing, and the clock is ticking."

Around the table, the team members exchanged glances, absorbing the gravity of the situation. Among them was Sergeant Matthew 'Hawk' Bird, a towering figure with a scar running down his left cheek, loaded his rifle methodically, his muscles tensing with anticipation of the mission ahead.

Corporals Alessia and Layla Bird, Mockingbird and Nightingale respectively, were with their brother Mattie on this mission. As the team's designated marksmen, their steady hands and sharp eyes would be instrumental in ensuring a successful extraction.

"Mockingbird, Nightingale, make sure that vantage point is locked down," Ethan instructed. "We need clean shots, no room for error."

"Yes sir." The two sisters crowed in servility.