Chapter 41

After a short cuddle break, they headed back downstairs to join the others where they were already getting ready to leave for the tuxedo fitting.

Mason was shamelessly sprawled out on a sofa in the foyer. "I'll stay here. I already have a suit."

"Maybe you could help me with something, then," Bianca said. "Wait there."

"Wasn't planning to get up," Mason murmured.

Bianca returned a minute later, awkwardly carrying a few items under her arm and a cardboard box that she was struggling to manage around her pregnant belly. She shot Logan a smile as he stepped in to help her.

"I'm off work for now, so I took in a foster, but I might have trouble getting his feedings in around the wedding tomorrow," Bianca said. "I could teach you to do it if you'd be willing to help."

Mason sat up at the sound of the first tiny mew. His eyes went wide and adoring as Bianca lifted a tiny, fluffy grey-striped kitten with squinty, barely opened eyes out of the box. "Baby."

"He is," Bianca said as she sat down on the sofa, cradling the kitten. "His mum went into labour over night while her owners were sleeping and there were complications. This one made it out okay, but his mother and the rest of the litter didn't survive."

"Who was the asshole who was like, 'I know the perfect person for this tale of childbirth fatalities,' and then called you up?" Mason asked. "Can I hold the baby?"

"Sure," Bianca said as she passed the kitten to him. "He's a Maine Coon. He's going to be a big boy one day, but for now he's just a tiny floof."

Mason held the kitten against his chest. "So small."

"So, do you want the job?"

Mason nodded. "Teach me."

They left Mason and Bianca to their kitten feeding lessons and headed out to the car. There were five people and five seats in the car, so Cooper sat in the passenger seat while Logan drove, but that was fine. These days, though Sasha's relationship with Cooper was of course different and special, he felt just as safe with Ellie and Abra. Ellie sat in the middle seat and rated all the cars they passed. The only one that got a positive rating was a little lime green car.

Sasha was nervous as soon as they parked in front of the tuxedo rental store. They would definitely be able to tell that Sasha was not a fancy boy. They would look at the jeans he was wearing and know that he'd bought them for twenty dollars five years ago. They wouldn't say anything, but they would notice, and they would give him a look.

As soon as they were out of the car, Cooper took Sasha's hand and swung it in his as they all headed into the store together. Cooper didn't seem nervous. It was easy to forget that he'd grown up around these sorts of things. He didn't ever act like a fancy boy.

Logan had already called ahead and made arrangements for them, so he went and talked to the clerk. He looked like he belonged in a place like this. He stood tall and confident in a way none of the rest of them could really muster. Even Abra, who was generally unflappable, looked a little tucked in on himself and out of his element.

Abra volunteered himself to get measured first, so Sasha went and sat down in a nearby armchair to observe from a safe distance. Honestly, the guy measuring Abra seemed like he was being very friendly and polite and not like he was judging them for not being genuine fancy boys.

To Sasha's surprise, Logan came and sat down in the armchair next to him. "Do you want pizza for lunch after this?"

Sasha nodded. He wanted to say 'yes, please' to be polite, but then it would sound like he was expecting Logan to pay. But then, maybe it had been an offer to buy it for him and just nodding was really rude and ungrateful.