Chapter 48

Cooper and Sasha had moved their chairs closer together and Sasha was just about falling asleep on Cooper's hand as Cooper gave his head a good massage. It was about time to head in, but they were waiting to see if Mason's sims would finally have a daughter.

"Fuck!" Mason shouted, startling Sasha out of a light sleep. "It's another stupid boy. Now I finally understand how mum felt."

"Oh well," Cooper said. "Your flight's not super early tomorrow, right? There's still time."

"Stupid... Fuckface..." Mason said out loud as he typed the words in. "Okay, that's son number four named. Let's—oh! Ha ha, yes! Twins, motherfucker, and the second one is a girl. It's a wedding day miracle!"

"Woo," Sasha said, clapping quietly before he was overtaken by a yawn.

"Okay, let's head in for the night," Mason said as he began packing away his things. "I'm just going to run out to show this to Bianca."

As Mason rushed off back inside, Cooper retrieved Sasha's suit jacket from the back of his chair for him and helped him slip it back on. He was looking forward to helping him take the whole thing off. That wouldn't mean sex, of course, but Cooper was still going to enjoy it.

The lights were turned down low in the foyer; bright enough to see by, but dim enough that they wouldn't be dazzling to departing guests. Muted music flowed through from outside, and Cooper found himself wrapping his arms around Sasha and slowly rocking him back and forth to its rhythm.

"I'm so proud of you," Cooper told Sasha. "Not just for doing a lot of things, because I feel like trying to push yourself to the very limits of what you can manage usually isn't a very healthy goal. I'm proud of you for being you and for putting in so much work to get so good at it."

Sasha made a quiet sound of acknowledgement and rested his head against Cooper's shoulder. Cooper hadn't intended to linger here for more than a moment, but now Sasha seemed to be enjoying being swayed.

Sometimes Cooper thought about whether one day he and Sasha might get married. He'd never brought it up because he didn't want it to feel like he wanted to rush things, but he liked the idea of that being something they did one day. It wouldn't really change anything about their relationship, but being able to call Sasha his husband would just be so incredibly cool.

But so was slow dancing with his sleepy boyfriend and every other moment of every other day that he got to spend with Sasha, so he was in no hurry for anything else.

Cooper had been expecting Mason to be gone for a little while showing Bianca his sims, but just a minute later, he came back in from outside.

"Apparently she's upstairs," Mason told them. "Want to come with me to say goodnight?"

Sasha immediately nodded, so Cooper did as well. "Okay. I hope the baby's cute..."

They followed Mason upstairs and down the hall as he checked each door they passed until he let out a disappointed, "ah," and entered one. Cooper realised why when he poked his head into the room, a nursery, and saw their mother as well as Logan and Bianca.

Mason completely ignored their mother and walked over to Bianca, who was slumped in a rocking chair with a hand on her belly, looking miserable. Mason dragged over an ottoman, sat down, and opened up his laptop.

"Hello to you too, Mason," Cooper's mum said. "Cooper, don't you think Bianca should redecorate the nursery before the baby arrives?"

"Uh..." Cooper said as he looked around the room. The walls were painted in a gradient of light blues like a watercolour sky and the furniture was a mix of whites and unpainted pale wood. Everything was clean and in good condition. "Not unless she wants to?"