Chapter 2

"Welcome Mister Potter. Mister Malfoy explained so why don't you just stand next to a broom?" said Madam Hooch when Harry got tot he field. Draco waved him over and he took the saved broom between him and Hermione. "Thanks."

"Ok class! I want you to put your hand over your broom and say UP! Come on. Everyone try it now." 

They all followed and Draco snickered when Ron's hit him in the face. Hermione's didn't budge, Neville's wiggled whereas Harry and Draco's brooms shot up to their hands eagerly. Harry grinned to Draco and the boy smiled back.

"Good! Next i want you to mount your brooms. Have a firm grip and then kick off lightly. No more than two feet above the ground."

Suddenly Neville shot into the air screaming "Mister Longbottom come down this instant!" "I-I can't!" he flew to the top of a tower before falling to the ground. Luckily his broom stopped as his cloak got stuck to a spear. The broom fell to the floor. Eveyrone waited in anticipation for what was to happen next. They all gasped when they heard a tear. Then Neville came falling and everyone heard a scream and a crack.

Rushing over Madam Hooch pushed through the students and picked him up "I'll be taking him to the Hospital wing. I don't want to see any of you in the air. Anyone caught will have a week detention with Filch." she ordered before leaving with Neville.

"Poor Nev. Think he'll be alright?" asked Hermione. "Most probably. It wasn't that high. He probably broke something that's it." said Harry "Must be painful." said Draco "If it's his arm then it wont be as painful. Might be better in a  few weeks." "You're right."

"Look here. Longbottom dropped his ball." snickered Ron picking up a glowing orb. "That's a rememberell you idiot. And give it here." said Draco. Ron glared "Who you calling idiot you slimy snake?!" "You now give. it. here." "No." smirked Ron "Don't be stupid Weasley and just give it here. It isn't yours." said Hermione. Ron sneered "Shut it, know it all. I think I'll try one of the charms you taught me." he smirked and said the levitation spell. But he got it wring and sent the orb flying into the air before falling down. Harry quickly mounted his broom. "No. Harry don't." said Hermione " I have to." "You'll get in trouble." "We'll get in trouble together then." said Draco mounting his own broom. Hermione sighed and they shot into the air.

Harry grinned as he felt the wind flow through his hair and the fresh air in his lings. Spotting the orb he showed Draco before they both dove. The orb was falling just past the windows of the castle when Harry heard a scream "AAAH!" "Draco!" speeding to his friend Harry caught Draco on his broom. Draco caught his breath and clutched the broom as his hit the ground "Thanks Harry." "It's alright. I'll dive for the rememebrell and you catch it and then I'll lift us again. Sound good?" Draco nodded and they dove. They were both smiling as Draco snatched the orb and Harry steered them up. From bellow they heard the cheers of the class. Landing they both got knocked over by Hermione "Are you ok? Draco that fall looked bad. You're not in shock right?" "My shock is not from the fall. Trust me." said Draco with a tint of pink cheeks and Harry chuckled.

The chaos was drowned out by two scream from both sides of the field "Harry Potter! and Draco Malfoy!" "Bloody hell." cursed Draco as they froze. "What were you two thinking?! You could have died!" yelled McGonagall once she reached them, Snape next to her "I agree. Mister Malfoy if Mister Potter hadn't caught you, we would be sending a casket to your father." "It wasn't their fault!" exclaimed Hermione and the other students nodded along. "Really? Then please tell me why you both were in the air without a teacher?" asked McGonagall. "You see Professor. Longbottom dropped his rememberell when he fell and Madam hooch took him tot he hospital wing. Weasley picked it up and tried using a levitation spell on it. Only he said it wrong and sent it shooting through the air. Me and harry tried to catch it."

"It's true professor." said Hermione but stepped back when both teachers glared. "Mr. Potter. is that what happened?" asked Snape. McGonagall's anger vanished and replaced with concern when they saw harry. The boy stood frozen with a look of pure horror on his face. "Mister Potter?" she called. "mister Potter." tried Snape when they got no response "Harry." called Hermione gently when he still didn't move. "A-Am i getting sent back?" his voice was hoarse and tight just above a whisper, making that only the teachers and his two friends heard him. 

"What? No, no Mister Potter. You wont be expelled. I do believe a detention tonight for you two will be good enough punishment for your reckless behavior. As well as five points from each." said McGonagall "You'll serve detention with me." agreed Snape. Relief flooded Harry and sagged a bit. Hermione looked to Draco in concern which he mirrored. Snape also watched the boys reaction with concern that no one noticed. "Yes Professor." he answered "After dinner." "Yes sir." said Harry and Draco.

##########################

"Are you sure?" asked Harry "Yes I'm sure." said Draco exasperated. "Come on Harry. Its just another table. They cant kill us." said Hermione pulling him to the Slytherin table for dinner. As they sat down the students just looked up and offered them nods in greeting before going back tot heir conversations. Harry looked around ignoring the glare he was receiving from the Gryffindor table from Weasley. He found Snape looking at him and offered the man a shy small smile and the man inclined his head slightly. He saw Quirrell looking at him with curiosity. Harry never understood. He didn't know how the man could be two colors. He never met someone with two colors before, especially two colors so different. He shook the thoughts form his head and turned back to his plate noting that there was now a sandwich and apple on it. 

He looked up and saw Hermione look at him pointedly and sighed softly picking up the sandwich. Once that was done he ate the apple slowly trying not to gag. He finished that and pushed his plate away. Draco was still busy eating his salad and Hermione was busy with her chicken allowing Harry to scan the hall once again. This time he caught the eye of the Headmaster who offered him a bright smile and he couldn't help return it slightly. Continuing he found Snape looking at him again. The Professor discretely pointed at his untouched Goblet of pumpkin juice. He made a face, he didn't like the taste of pumpkin juice. He saw Snape nod to it again. Picking up his goblet he had a gasp. He found a glass of orange juice instead. Grinning he started gulping down the beverage.

 "Slow down Harry. You'll choke." said Draco with a teasing smile. "Shush. Leave him alone." scold Hermione with a smile. Harry blushed putting his goblet down "We should get to the dungeons Draco. We have detention." "You're right. See you tomorrow Hermione." "Bye you two. Be careful and go straight to bed once you're done." "Will do. Bye 'mione." grinned Harry. The action made Hermione grin back and Draco stare in shock until Hermione kicked him under the table. He shook his head and walked with Harry to their detention.