Chapter 5

Harry was sitting at breakfast with Hermione talking about their homework. "It wasn't that hard." said Harry "Agreed. Though the library didn't seem to have everything the assignment wanted." agreed Hermione "I know. Draco said that a lot of books were taken out of school because of the Ministry. He gave me books his father sent him to use." "Honestly how do they expect us to learn if they take all our materials away." said Hermione angrily. Harry nodded along and smirked "Maybe you should become Minister and change it." "I will you'll see." she said determined " 'Mione i was kidding." "No. I think your ideas great. I'll do just that." Harry chuckled "You got my vote then." they smiled at each other before continuing to eat and talk.

"Herbology." announced Hermione "Good. That means we don't have to watch out for Longbottom." said Draco and they chuckled "Hey! Neville's a nice person." said Harry "Didn't say he wasn't. Now come on before we're late." "Prat!" called Harry running after him and they laughed running around while Hermione rolled her eyes smiling "Boys"

*************************************************************

Harry sat in Charms next to Hermione. He was thinking of his DADA Professor with a mix of fascination and confusion. Professor Quirrell has fascinated and confused Harry since he met the man. 'How is he two different colours? Normally people are one of three colours. How is he grey with a black outline?' he was taken out of thoughts when the Professor handed him his assignment with a grin "Well done Mr. Potter, I knew you could do it." Harry looked down at his parchment and gasped '💯. I did it!' " Well done Harry." said Hermione from next to him "Good work Hare." said Draco as he looked over Harrys shoulder. "Thanks guys. What about you?" Hermione grinned "Same as you." "Me too" said Draco proudly and Harry chuckled.

At lunch Harry got a note telling him to go to the Headmasters office with the password. He entered the office and found Dumbledore sitting behind his desk with a smile motioning for him to take a seat. "Harry my boy! How nice it is to see you!" Harry offered the man a small smile "Hello sir." "Now now. No need to be nervous. You're not in any trouble my boy." "Th-Then why am i here sir?" "I was recently brought forth information about your unfortunate home life my boy." said the headmaster sadly. Harry flinched before he stiffened in his seat. "o-Oh." "Now i have to regrettably admit that after the passing of your parents i was the one to put you with your relatives. I believed that your mothers sister would put away he jealousy in order to look after her nephew. obviously i was wrong and for that i apologise immensely my boy." 

Harry swallowed thickly wiping his eyes "I-it's ok sir. I understand." Dumbledore smiled kindly "that means a lot Harry thank you. Now going on i have some news. I assure you that you will never set foot in that house again unless you wish to." "no." said Harry hurriedly and Dumbledore smiled widely. "i thought so. Well we're trying to find a family for you that reaches our-well professor Snape's status. And we all know he's a hard man to please." he said causing Harry to giggle. "Not really sir." "oh?" "yea he said if i did good on my charms essay then he would give me a present. i never got one before." the last sentence was soft and the headmaster nodded warmly. "i see. Well i think i have the perfect place for you to stay but i need to evaluate a little more. For now you'll stay at school during the holidays alright my boy?" "yes sir." "That's all harry. You may go. Don't forget to visit. it gets lonely when an old mans all by himself." Harry grinned getting up "i wont forget sir. bye." "goodbye harry."

Harry got to History just in time and took a seat next to Draco.

*******************

Harry walked with Hermione and Draco to the Great Hall for dinner when he abruptly stopped and jumped up and down spluttering "harry! What's going on?!"asked Hermione in surprise "i-i forgot to tell Snape about my essay." "Then just go. he doesn't normally come to dinner anyway. Knock on his class door, he should answer it." said Draco with an eye roll. Harry grinned and hugged them before running to the dungeons. 

Harry knocked with frantic excitement on the Potions classroom door. After waiting a few minutes he grinned as the door opened to show his Professor with a bored look. "Potter? What are you doing here and not at dinner for?" "Sorry to disturb you sir but i had something to show you that just couldn't wait." Snape sighed "Come in then. i wont be the reason for a student starving." "Thank you sir." Snape grunted and lead Harry to his office, where they entered the mans living quarters.

Snape told Harry to take a seat while he called a house elf and asked for two plates of what was served at dinner before sitting in an arm chair opposite Harry. "So Mr. Potter what was so important you decided staring yourself was ok?" Harry smile shyly shrugging "I've gone without food for longer s it's not a big deal really. But i came to show you my Charms essay sir." Snape withheld a growl at the information and stored it away to bring to Dumbledore's attention. He decided to address the reason for the boys visit "Your essay? Very well hand it over." he got up and took a seat next to Harry accepting the given assignment.

A few seconds later the food appeared on the table with a few deserts and sweets. Snape was still reading the essay and hadn't given permission to eat so Harry sat still. After a few seconds the man sighed "Potter your handwriting is abysmal. Where did you learn to write?" "Self taught sir." replied the boy embarrassed. Snape clutched the parchment harder in anger "I see." he gritted out before noticing the food and the boy "You can eat while I'm busy Potter. No need to wait for me." "Thank you sir." grinned the boy before picking up his plate and eating. After making sure he ate Snape went back to trying to read Harrys essay.

Once Harry was done with his dinner he took one treacle tart and sat back on the couch nibbling on it. He never got sweets before Hogwarts and dessert was his favourite thing about meal time now. "Potter what's this word?" asked Snape suddenly. Leaning and looking at his paper he answered "Would, sir" "Thank you." with that Harry nodded and went back to nibbling staying close to the Professor. Another minute and the Professor put the assignment away. Harry sat up straight in anticipation "So?" Snape kept his face cool "So..i need dinner. You already ate." Harry slumped "Ok sir." Smirking slightly Snape picked up his plate of food that sat under a heating charm and started eating. He watched as Harry took a treacle tart every now and then and drank his juice. He mentally noted 'Favourite treat: Treacle tart'

Sitting his plate down Snape stopped Harry from taking another treacle tart causing the boy to pout before blushing. Snape lips twitched "No more. You cant have too many sweets this time of night." "Yes sir." "Now, about your assignment. I will say that i am pleasantly surprised with your knowledge Potter. The reactions and history o the charms are good. You're a very smart child and form now on i want you to show it." "Yes sir." said Harry happily. Snape scanned Harry before rolling his eyes "You want your gift don't you?" Harry nodded frantically and the man let a small smile slip. "Fine. What would you like?" "Me? Like? Anything?" "Yes Potter." "C-Can you buy me a shirt please?" Snape raised a brow "A shirt? That's it?" "It's just that i have all of my cousins old clothes and they're three times too big for me as well as broken. A shirt should work for now." he said scratching the beck of his neck. Snape mentally cursed Petunia and her whale family "I think i can do something for you Potter. But for now you should go to bed." "Ok thank you sir. Goodnight" "Good night."