Please Help

When everyone is inside, we take them to our makeshift living area

        When everyone is inside, we take them to our makeshift living area. All over the walls are pictures that Fives and I have drawn. He is a surprisingly good artist. Ezra walks over to one that I drew of Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair, Echo, and Omega. 

"Is this the Bad Batch?"

He turns to me

"How do you know them?"

        I look down at the ground tears welling up in my eyes. Fives puts a hand on my back, comfortingly. I train my face into being emotionless and answer him.

"That is a story for a different time. What I want to know now, is how do you know who they are?"

He looks at me I can see that he is surprised at my change in behavior,

"They are fighting in the rebellion with us."

        Fives, Rex, and I share a look, all smiling. We knew that they would never back out of the fight. Changing the topic, Gregor, who is sitting in one of the chairs for the control panel looks up a Zeb and says,

"Hey. You're a big one, aren't you?"

Zeb leans down and glares at Gregor as he walks by and growls,

"Bigger than you."

Ezra picks up Rex's helmet. He seems very curious, I think to myself.

"Whoa."

Rex reaches out an arm, waving his hand at Ezra.

"Hey, hey. Easy with those son."

Ezra rolls his eyes and puts it back.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I might move the dust."

     I'm starting to like this kind. I have a feeling me, him, Crosshair, and Fives could have a lot of fun together. Rex sighs.

"How is Commander Tano?"

Ezra looks to Kanan and Sabine,

"Uh, well, in need of help. We all are."

He walks forward, still talking.

        "Look, we're trying to fight the Empire, but we're outnumbered, overmatched and taking a beating. We could use your help."

"Well, I'm not sure I'm much help to anyone these days,"

      Rex says. Fives and I immediatly protest. Telling him how much of a help he is to us on a daily basis. He rolls his eyes at us and leans back in his chair, continuing.

      "Didn't you hear? The Emperor said the clone army has outlived its purpose and retired us. Now we spend our days just telling stories and slinging for joopas."

He slides down in his chair and put his hands behind his head. Kanan groans.

"This was a wasted trip. You heard the clone. He's not interested."

     Kanan goes to leave but I put my hand on his chest to stop him. We both turn around when Ezra says,

"Wait. You don't like the Empire, do you?"

"Well, the Empire certainly isn't the Republic, but you can't do anything about that."

"You could fight."

Ezra's hand curls into a fist as he holds it in front of his chest, annoyed by Rex's response.

"Sorry, son. My days as a soldier are over."

      "Well, okay. Okay, then maybe there's one thing you can help us with. We need a base. Ahsoka said you knew about all sorts of secret locations in the Outer Rim."

        Rex glances at all of us, seeing what we think. Gregor, Fives, and I all nod, but Wolffe shakes is head. Getting up, Rex says,

       "Well, my memory isn't what it once was, but, um, there are a few spots I never bothered to report to the Empire."

Rex puts his hand on Ezra's shoulder, steering him towards the door.

"Look, why don't you just wait outside and I'll put together a list of coordinates." 

       After the Rebels are out of the room, Wolffe immediately starts to object. "Look they are in some kind of trouble. If we help them, we are putting ourselves in danger."

       Gregor puts a hand on Wolffe's shoulder, grinning. "Wolffe, relax. We got the situation under control" He looks at the closed door. I see Fives smirk and I know that they are going to do something stupid. Wolffe shoves Gregor's hand off and starts to argue, "Oh, really? Really? What do you think the Empire will do to us if they find out that we are helping a Jedi, hmm?"

       "Yeah, I don't know what the Empire would do, but I'm going slinging." He chuckles to himself as he and Fives walk out the door. I decide to follow them to supervise and make sure that they don't do anything stupid.

        When we get outside I see the Rebels scattered across the porch. Kanan, Sabine, and Zeb all leaning against the railing, while Ezra sits on a box next to the door. Fives rubs the back of his head as we walk out and says, "You know, We were thinking-" I cut him off shaking my head. "No. They were thinking. I'm just here to supervise." Fives and Gregor roll their eyes, "Fine, Gregor and I were thinking," He continues, "Since we're providing you with a list of bases, um, there's something you can do to help us." 

        Barely turning around Kanan immediately answers, "No, thanks." but Ezra jumps up, "Sure. What can we do?" Gregor steps forward waving his hand toward the horizon, "Out there, deep below, roam the joopa." "Elusive big game." Fives continues. Gregor chuckles. I step forward, deciding to join them. "When we are lucky enough to sling one in, it'll feed us for a whole year."
We lean against the railing. Sabine moves from her spot next to us and stands with Ezra. "Okay. What do you need?" Fives chuckles and poits at Zeb. "Him" Zeb looks over at us confused, "Huh? What?" We all smirk.