Relics of the Old Republic

Back in the tank, Gregor, Fives, and I are playing a makeshift game of sabac

       Back in the tank, Gregor, Fives, and I are playing a makeshift game of sabac. "The probe hit us pretty badly." I hear Sabine say over Kanan's comlink, "Repairs are gonna take a little while longer." "We don't have much time. There's no telling when the Empire will get here. We've go to get off the surface." "Well the Empire's no tour only problem. There's a storm coming up behind us " "If the Empire gets here before we take off, the storm will be the least of our problems." Placing a hand on my shoulder, Rex walks over to Ezra and Zeb. Gregor, Fives, and I get up, joining them. "Here they are," Rex says, hand Ezra a data chip, "The coordinates of every Republic base, separatist installation, pirate hideout, and smuggler's den in the Outer Rim." Placing a hand on Rex's shoulder, "Plus a few Mandalorian bases that even they've forgotten about." Wolffe says happily.

        "Thank you, Captain. Sure you won't come with us?" Ezra asks. "Yeah, you're not bad in a fight." Zeb chuckles, "You know, for retirees." He and Gregor take turns shoving each other. Rubbing the back of his head, Rex says, "Yeah. Like I said, our war's over, kid. Don't much care to get mixed up in another. Oh, and say hello to Commander Tano for me." "But the Empire's on it's way, and they will find you." Ezra protests. "Oh, we can take care of ourselves." 

        While Kanan talks on his comm, I approach Ezra. "Hey Ezra, I was wondering if you could give this to Tech?" I hand him a commlink and a note, "I wish I could come with you guys, but these idiots," I gesture at the men behind me, "Need someone to keep them from doing someting stupid." Ezra chuckles and nods, while the boys protest behind me.

      "A Star Destroyer just came out of hyperspace." I hear a woman say on Kanan's comm, "Gonna power down so they can't scan me. Once I finish my repairs, I'll come get you. Good Luck down there." Kanan sighs. "If they follow procedure, they'll fly search patterns based on our last confirmed position." I say. "Or they'll call." Fives says walking over to us, "Incoming Imperial transmission." "It's for you, Wolffe." Gregor sings, smirking at Wolffe. Wolffe turns around, panicking, "They called back? They....they never call back." Kanan chuckles pointing at us, "This is why I don't trust clones." I glare at him and see him flinch. I feel some pride, but for some odd reason I also feel bad. I shake off the weird feeling as we get back to business.

       "Just get rid of 'em, Wolffe." Ezra says as they walk out of view of the camera. Wolffe rubs the back of his head, "Yeah, it was my mistake. And I'll fix it." The screen flashes on and a man in black armor with light red hair, greased back, comes on the screen. "CC-3636, Commander Wolffe, is it?" he asks, "Yep," Wolffe snaps his fingers, reaching up to rub the base of his neck, "That's me. What can I do for you, sir?" "Please transmit your coordinates so I can investigate the Jedi sightings you reported."  Obviously getting panicked, Wolffe stutters, "What? Uh, Je... Jedi?" he puts his hands up, starting to back away from the screen, "Uh, no, no. No, th... there's no Jedi. Here. My, my old,  uh, cybernetic eye must be acting up again." he puts a hand over said eye and taps his forehead. Rex pushes into view of camera, "Uh, sorry for wasting your time." But the man is having none of it. "This image was taken by one of our probe droids." We see a video of our tank with the joopa hanging off the side and zooms in on the Rebels' ship. "It clearly shows you harboring known rebels. Now surrender them or be destroyed." Rex cracks his knuckles as Fives, Gregor, and I step into view, "If it's a fight you want, I hope you brought a better class of soldier than those stormtroopers." "They serve the Empire well," the man says, "And I have a great many of them." Fives leans forward, "You're gonna need all of 'em," he says sinisterly. I bang by hand on the console, shutting off the video.