Big Bongo

While the five of us are getting ready for joopa hunting, Rex, Fives, and I are walking past where Kanan is getting ready and we hear him telling Ezra about Order 66

        "It was at the end, the end of the war. Our fellow soldiers, the clones, the ones we Jedi fought side by side with, suddenly turned and betrayed us. I watched them kill my master. She fought beside them for years and they gunned her down in a second, and then came for me. Later, they said they had chips in their head that made them do it. Said they had no choice."

      Rex speaks up, alerting them to our presence. "I didn't betray my Jedi. Wolffe, Gregor, me, Fives, and Kir--Avis  all removed our control chips." he points to the scar on his bald head. As he and Fives turn to walk away he says, "We all have a choice." I stay a moment longer, just looking at Kanan. He reminds me so much of Caleb it hurts. I miss my little brother so much. I put a mask up to stop myself from crying just thinking about him. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, Kanan. I know that nothing I say will make you trust us after that, but I just want you to know that I am sorry."

***********************Time Skip Brought to You By Fives Being an Idiot************************

        A little while later Zeb is attached to the line and we are waiting for the joopa. Gregor and Fives are standing lookout in front of one of the guns. Ezra comes down the latter an walks up behind him."If we're lucky, we'll catch Big Bongo today." Gregor yells down to Zeb. I can feel excitement practically oozing out of him and Fives. "Lets get this over with, I'm getting hungry!" Zeb grumbles back. "Keep going forward. Just a little bit more. We're coming up on a hot spot!" Fives yells down, grinning from ear to ear and shaking his fists in the air. Zeb turns back to look at us. "Your hot spot looks like everywhere else on this desolate rock." There is an explosion in the distance I hear Sabine gasp as Fives starts giggling like a maniac. "Out there." Whe points to the explosion.

     "Alright, full stop." Rex orders. The cockpit Wolffe pulls back on the levers and we come to a stop. Kanan walks out of the room that he had been in for the past while. "Alright, just a little bit more," Fives urges Zeb, chuckling, "Little more." Zeb grumbles and walks forward a few steps. 

       Gregor and Fives turn around to talk to Ezra. "You know, we really appreciate this." Gregor says I mean, we, we should do well today, with your friend here." "Yeah, well, Zeb packs a quite a punch." "Oh,oh." Fives, Gregor and I all laugh, "I'm sure, I'm sure, but, really, I mean, joopa supposedly love Lasats."

        Sabine steps forward, growing concerned. "They love them? What do you mean?" I chuckle, "Well, they say they love the smell or I guess they love the taste as well. And maybe it's about the texture, you know...." "Wait, Zeb's not the hunter. He's the bait!" Ezra exclaims. Turning back around Fives grins, "Oh, hunter, bait, it's all the same." "No, it's not!" Kanan says fiercely. There is rumbling, getting closer and closer. 

       "Zeb, you better get back here right know!" Kanan shouts down. "Zeb! What is that" Sabine shouts as the explosions get closer to Zeb. "Buddy, run! You're the bait! Zeb, it's gonna eat you!" "Zeb, run!" "Get out of there!""What are you doing?" Kanan shouts down to Zeb. "Run!" The joopa bursts through the ground right under Zeb and wraps it's tounge around his entire body. "Zeb, no!" Ezra yells and the joopa pulls Zeb under the ground. 

     The line whirrs as the joopa moves away from us. "Whoo-hoo! This could be him!" Gregor shouts, excitedly pointing at where the joopa is. "Our Big Bongo!" he runs over to us waving his arms in the air. I chuckle, smiling at my mildly crazy friend.

    "Hey," Rex shouts down to Sabine, "I bet you know a thing or two about mechanics." Sabine looks up at him cockily and smirks, "Yeah, good bet." she runs up to help him. When she gets up there is points to the regulator, "Keep an eye on this regulator. The line can overheat and shut down. No line, no joopa, no Zeb." "Got it"

     Ezra turns around, wanting to help too. "Well, what about me and him?" he asks gesturing to Kanan. Ducking under the gun, Gregor hands Ezra an electro-pole. "You go the best job of all. When the line swings around, you'll charge it with the electro-poles. Hit the line with the rod and it'll send a bolt of energy down to the joopa. Do it enough ad you should bring up to the surface." Ezra ignites the rod and walks off. "Here's one for you, General." Fives says handing the other pole to Kanan. "Don't call me that. I was never a General."

      Tapping his head with his fingers, Fives hands Kanan the pole, "Sorry, Commander." "No, it's not..." he grunt protesting to being called his old title. He gives up and walks off to go help Ezra.  The joopa switches directions, taking Rex's gun with it. "Hit it! Now" Rex shouts. Kanan and Ezra charge their poles and hit the line. A birst of energy travels down to the joopa.

      Gregor waves his arms around, grinning like the madman he is, "That's it! That's it! Ooh! He didn't like that! Hit it again!" The burst of energy hits the joopa again but it doesn't come to the suface. I grab another electro-pole and go to help Ezra and Kanan. "He's a runnin'" Rex exclaims, "Hit that line! Bring him up." Ezra jumps up onto the railing, trying to reach the line. Kanan and I both grab ahold of the back of his shirt to keep him from falling. Above us I hear the regulator alarm for when it overheats.

       "We're loosing the regulator." Sabine shouts. "Full stop, Wolffe!" Rex orders, "Dig in! This is where we finish the battle!" Wolffe pull the controls back, stoping us. Ezra falls forward, but Kanan and I grab him. The joopa is forced to stop, but keeps pulling on the line. Still balancing precariously, Ezra tries to reach the line. He looks down at Kanan and me, " I-I can't reach it! Guys, lift me up!" Immediately we move forward to that Ezra can put one foot on each of our shoulders. "Sabine," Ezra calls. "I know, I know. Working in it!" The joopa continues to pull on the line and Wolffe digs the feet in more.

       "Got it." Sabine exclaims, having fixed the regulator. "Ezra!" Kanan shouts, kicking his pole up for Ezra. He catches it, charges both poles and hits the line. This time the joopa comes up. roaring at us. Ezra looks at it in amazement. "It is Big Bongo!" Gregor and Fives yell in excitement. Rex shoots, hitting it directly in the mouth. Letting out one last roar the joopa falls to the ground. Dead. Kanan, Ezra, Sabine, Fives, and I all run to see if Zeb is alive. After a second we hear muffled coughing coming from the mouth. Zeb pries it's jaws open and steps out. 

      "What a smell." He complains. "Ah, Zeb!" Ezra yells. Sabine turns around to look at Rex, "Nice catch, old-timers." "We're not that old." Fives grumbles to looking at the ground and pouting. I wrap my arms around him and laugh. "We're not that young either, Fivesy." He pushes my arm off, "Speak for yourself! I look better than ever!" I laugh again. "That's not hard." I say, walking away. "What's that supposed to mean," Fives yells after me.