Stuck In the Elevator -Marcus Pike

Warning: Smut.

Author's Note: If you haven't watch the Mentalist I suggest you don't read this unless said otherwise. ;)

Character: Marcus Pike Show: The Mentalist

Show: The Mentalist

Summary: You and Marcus met in the elevator for the past few days of your stay. Until both of you were stuck in the apartment and expressed feelings for each other.

*****

The new apartment was great. He had found a hell of a deal in an older building. The apartments were larger and there was more than one bedroom. It even had a fantastic old fashioned elevator that had the security gates you had to close. He had thought it would be perfect for a beginning home. Large enough that if Teresa had wanted to have a baby, they didn't need to look for something else right away. Except, he didn't have to worry about that now. He had a great apartment and no fiancée to share it with.

He's honestly moved on. During his undercover operation, he had plenty of time to think. Realizing that she had always been a little hesitant. Never quite as in it as he was. It was her loss. If she wanted to be with Patrick Jane, that was her deal. He wasn't going to let it get to him for too long, knowing that he hadn't been the issue. He had just stumbled in the middle of something that should have happened before he met her.

You rush out of your apartment, barely locking the door before you make it down the hall, watching someone close the elevator door. "Wait! Wait! Hold the door" You call out and sigh in relief when they pull the door open before opening the gate. "Thank you" You say as you enter the carriage and you stumble back as you look at the man standing beside you. He's gorgeous. Dressed in a smart suit and you take note of the FBI badge clipped to his jacket pocket. "Thank you" You repeat a little breathlessly, reaching down to smooth out your pencil skirt, your own badge for the Justice Department clipped to your blouse.

"Running late?" Marcus smiles, stunned by how pretty you are, breathless and smoothing out your outfit from your race down the hall. If he guessed right, you were the apartment right below his. Closing the gate and sliding the door to, he shifts his briefcase to his left hand and holds out his right. "Marcus Pike, I think I'm your neighbor. 4B." He admires the sleek package you present, and it's fun to find another federal employee in the same building although that was to be expected in D.C. it was a far cry from Texas.

You smile and take his hand, a shiver running down your spine at the way his fingers grip your hand. You shake his hand for a moment before letting go. You tell him your name, "I'm in 4C. It's nice to meet you. Yes I'm running late. I have a meeting at nine and traffic is gonna be a bitch" You sigh before shaking your head. "Sorry. You don't need to hear me complain. You have to go into D.C too. How long have you worked for the FBI?" You ask, watching the floors pass by to the ground level.

"I joined right out of college." Marcus tells you, noticing how pretty your eyes are. He gives you a half smile. "Ten years now." He nods towards the badge on the front of your blouse. "How about you? Do anything fun over at Justice?"