The Afterlife of Peña - Javier Peña

Warning: Smut (as usual), paranormal love and the story being too long (sry). 

Summary: What if Javi didn't come out of the hunt for Escobar alive? And what if you're the new DEA Station Chief and he's haunting your office? Also, what if he's a really sexy ghost? Only Javier Peña could make a woman swoon from beyond the grave.

Show: Narcos

Character: Javier Pena 

Note: It's Halloween SZN!! So why not make a story to spice it up for you guys. This is an AU where Javier Peña is there for the ambush Escobar stages near the end of season 2 and he dies alongside Carillo. And obviously it's an alternate universe in which ghosts are real.

***
It starts off slowly. The faint smell of cigarette smoke in your office. Even though you don't smoke, nor do you let anyone else do so in here. Probably blowing in through the vents from somewhere else in the building? You have no real knowledge of ventilation systems but you go with that explanation.

But then there's the scent of cologne. Just a hint. Earthy and spicy, always lingering like a man has just left the room. Even at late in the evening when you're the last one left working and no one else has been in your office for hours.

Who knows? There are probably all kinds of scents caught up in the carpet or the fabric of the cushions here. Right? But it's a new office. New carpet, new furniture. And then you start hearing things.

The metallic click of a Zippo lighter being opened and closed. Your dad has one, you know that sound. Soft irritable sighs when your door is closed and no one else is there. Once or twice you hear faint whistling. Then finally, after weeks and weeks, you hear his voice.

It's low and smooth. It would be pleasing to listen to if it hadn't been so terrifying to hear a quiet, disembodied voice in your ear.

"You really need to send some agents to Cali." I heard him with a deep voice.

You yank open your desk drawer and grab your service pistol. Jumping to your feet, you look from side to side, your heart pounding.

"Who's there?" You demanded to know who is this ghost talking to you.

"Oh, good, you can hear me now. No need for the gun. You can't kill someone who's already dead, after all."

As he says this, you hear his voice grow fainter, like he's moving away from you. It's quiet for the rest of the night.

***

The next day you send Feistle and Van Ness to Cali. Not because he told you to. It just makes good sense, that's all. He stays quiet until you return from lunch.

"You look beautiful today. The color of that blouse really suits you," he purrs in your ear.

"Go away!" What the hell? He's got some nerve flirting with you when he's not even...what? Human? Alive? The possibilities creep you out.