Chapter 2

The next day at the hotel, Nigel and Patrick sat at the bar having drinks. 

Nigel was still sneezing a lot. 

At one point, he sneezed mid-drink and ginger ale came out of his nose.

"Blimey! You squirted it away!" Patrick laughed.

"You're sneezing a lot, Nigel. Are you getting a cold?" said Paris as she gave Patrick another glass of wine.

"I was fine when I got back to my apartment. It's only since I came back to the hotel that I started sneezing again" said Nigel. 

"Maybe you're allergic to something" said Paris.

"I've never been allergic to something in the hotel" said Nigel.

"Some folks have weird allergies. I'm allergic to cucumbers. If I eat them, I get red bumps all over" said Paris.

"So what do you do?" said Nigel.

"Ha! I don't eat them" said Paris proudly. 

"I wonder what you're allergic to, old boy" said Patrick. 

"Only one way to know. We gotta give this man some tests" said Paris with pep. 

She explained the situation to Mr DeFranko and he organized the tests in his office. 

They were testing things like cucumbers, mud, cookies and sunflowers. 

"I hope this works out, fellas. I'm not letting Nigel sneeze during performances" said Mr DeFranko.

"No sir. I won't if we figure out my allergy" said Nigel. 

"Alright. Paris, bring in the cucumbers" said Mr DeFranko.

"Yes sir! Patrick" said Paris.

"I'm on it" said Patrick. 

"Why don't I just sit at the table, Mr DeFranko?" said Nigel.

"Because if you started sneezing, it'd be hard to tell which sample you're allergic to" said Mr DeFranko.

"Oh yes. Good point" said Nigel.