22

I know I said I'd never do Silvers POV again

But here we go

Jake is on his way, my heater is finally cooperating, Stanley is actually doing his fucking job for once, and Amazon had a sale on hot hands in bulk. Things are finally looking up.

After his last visit, I couldn't help but notice that Jake had disappeared from all security footage for about an hour in total. Of course, it was five minutes here and ten minutes there. Nothing to raise suspicion. But when you have someone like him around, you have to stay vigilant.

While his services are practically priceless in my line of work, he's become too great of a liability. He's on a boat, approaching quickly. He should be dead at the end of my arm within the hour. And it's about time too. That cocky bastard has gone too long unchecked.

"The boat is docking." Chevy tells me through the open line. Perfect. After I've cut off this last loose end, all that keeps me from my goals is time.

"Very well. Tell Stanley to bring Jake to me." I instruct, and close the line. I'm caught between the choice of going through this with or without a quick session from that redheaded heater in cell 18. If I do, then I'll be more comfortable and stronger. Not that I need it. Without him, I can be more threatening.

Of course, there's a downside to this. Seeing as Jake is capable of awakening levels of anger I have never experienced elsewhere, it feels highly likely that I will overdo it and stress myself too much.

Stanley walking Jake down the hallway on my monitors settles it for me. I'll wait.

It isn't long before the massive double doors open and the two of them walk in. Jake flaunts his stupid mask and his big grin as he matches right up to my desk. The thought of his head rolling across the floor gives me the ability to keep a level head.

"Jake." I say, staring him down with an emotionless face. He nods.

"Silver. What's so important you needed to see me in person?" He asks, then he has the audacity to sit on my desk. Under my desk, I flex my fingers and withhold the urge to kill him here and now.

"I know what you did."

He freezes. The painted smile remains but his eyes show true fear. At least there's that.

"And what did I do, exactly?" He responds level and softly. He's got me there but if I bluff my way through this, then he might confess in holes to save his pitiful life. But in reality, his fate was sealed the second he walked through the door.

"Lets jog your memory then. Last time you were here, you had a bad habit of slipping away and slinking off." I say, slowly standing up. The raw terror in his eyes gives me the greatest feeling I know. Ecstasy.

"Do you want to finish this story? Or should I continue?" I ask, forming ice crystals in my hand before leaning over my desk at him. At least he pulls his scrawny ass off my imported mahogany desk before he can piss himself.

"W-well hold on now. Are you talking about my bathroom breaks?" He pitifully tries to cover for himself.

"I have cameras, Jake. And nobody needs to piss 11 times in 2 hours." I scoff.

"IBS. Its a real kick in the head." He tries to shrug.

"Cut the shit. Tell me what you did and you might grt to see tomorrow." I hiss and he takes a quick step back towards Stanley. Who is just sitting there. Didn't I tell him to go feed my heater earlier? Everyone is useless, I swear.

"Are you implying that I planted a tracker, dozens of hidden cameras that reveal the blindspots within your little secret villain hideout, mapped out the important passageways, and stole a cookie from the cafeteria? Because I didn't. Well I took the cookie, but -" He can't finish before my hand is around his throat.

The grinning mask is mocking me as frost spreads across it. I look into his eyes as his breath begins to fog and his struggles become weaker. The light is almost gone when I drop him. He barely can sit up and is shaking from head to toe.

"Dont mock me. Where are the cameras? And the tracker?" I demand,  walking around my desk to pull him.up to eye level.

"Your mother's house. I visit every night and she-" I roll my eyes and throw him against the desk with a crunch. He turns to look and that fucking mask has shattered on the left side, revealing half of his face.

"Acess phrase is Peanut butter. Capital P." He coughs out. What the hell..? Then I catch a glimpse of metal in his ear. No. No no no no no!

"Did you hear that, Slate?" He asks, holding eye contact with me. Thos little piece of shit!

I rip the copper metallic piece from his ear.

"Loud and clear. Thank you jake, we'll come for-" I crush the earpiece in my hand and look back at the man on the floor, his head bleeding heavily from his encounter with the desk.

I don't even bother with the slow painful death I had been daydreaming of for him. I just shoot a spike of ice at him and don't look back as I walk away to the sound of his screams.

If what he said is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then it is only a matter of time before we're raided. When those idiots get here, we'll have the advantage of the home turf but they'll outnumber us 10 to 1.

Luckily for me, this actually will be beneficial. I can remove all the thorn in my side with one fell swoop. They think they have the advantage here, but they don't know that I can and will be able to fight back. After all, I have a secret weapon.

I finally reach my destination and open the locked door. Its inhabitant springs up from his cot.

"Finally! I just wanted to talk to someone and, oh. Fuck. It's you."

Frank looks well. Maybe even a bit healthier than he did even a week ago. Good. I need him in order to crush these fuckers once and for all.