25

There hasn't been enough time to fully prepare for this invasion, although I did see it coming. Just not this soon nor at this scale. Silver took Frank deep into the fortress, and our job is clear. Hold them off or die trying. I look to Sammy, Doug, and Eddie. There's worse ways to go, I guess. Because there is no way we make it through this. One by one, we are losing power to various things. First the cameras, then the main lights. We all are gathered by the door to the elevator, ready to fight.

If these agents don't take us out, Silver will. I gulp and take a deep breath. This is it.

Suddenly, the alarms stop, and the red glow illuminating the passageway fades away, leaving us in complete darkness.

"Chevy?" Comes Sam's voice through the darkness.

"Here they come." I murmur. The sound of three dozen guns cocking is the only noise. Until it isn't. Slowly the elevator decends. Metal on metal. Creaking. How did they even get in? We can probably blame that rat, Jake, for this. We wait with baited breath as the elevator comes to a slow stop with a ding. But the doors don't open. Maybe it did flood and they took care of this problem for us. That wpuld be nice.

"Chevy. Chevy, I-" Comes Sammys voice again.

"What is it, Sammy." I ask, not looking away from the direction of the door.

"I think somethi-"

The doors open and water pours into the hallway with hundreds of pounds of pressure. Instantly, our forces are scattered and I barely catch a glimpse of people in black dive suits coming in with the water. Shit, we're screwed.

I'm flushed around the corner before I manage to stand properly and hold my ground. Benefits of being a literal loan shark, I guess. I press myself against the wall and wait for people to round the corner, ready for a fight. Sure enough, a figure in black appears, and I grab them, slamming their head into the ground with a crunch and submerging them in the rushing water until they're completely still. One down....

~elsewhere~

We caught them by surprise but now that we're here, it feels like a trap. I know Tyler is the one who shut off the lights. I also know that he is the one who remotely overrode the system so we could get in like this. We should have tge upper hand. Everyone waiting for us was washed away with the initial flood and now 29 of us stand in waste-deep water and practically nonexistent light. I'm not sure why but this reminds me of a horror movie called deep blue sea. I don't like it here. But that doesn't matter. Not right now. We need to free as many people as possible before cornering Silver and hopefully taking him down.

"Jenny, be careful. They're starting to recover."

"Right." I acknowledge. First though, we need to stop the water flow before we flood the whole place.

"We have to stop the water." I say and tye squad leader agrees.

"Bravo team, securethe area. Everyone else, lets close this thing." She instructs. We collectively get the doors closed and tge water level begins to go down which means there are definitely lower levels than this. Our headlights and scope lights all are activated as we slowly make our way through the darkness and into the belly of the beast. Methodically, we clear rooms.

"Clear." I hear to my left. I signal that I heard him with my hands.

"All clear." Comes a voice from the right. We carefully round a corner to what I swear is the world's longest hallway. Our lights can't reach the end and just fade into the darkness. But we don't have time to be afraid. There is a three way fork and we have to split up. My group has 8 people and we go right.

"Clear." I declare after scanning an empty room. It was clearly a holding cell.

"Cl- wait. I got a body." I hear and freeze. We all file into the room. Lying on the floor is one of our agents, his head bashed in partly and bleeding heavily. His eyes are wide open but blank. He's dead. But how?

"I dont like this." Comes a low murmur from the guy next to me. Frankly, if he did, it would be very concerning. But I understand what he's trying to say. Something is very very wrong.

"Silvers goons are enhanced, keep your eyes peeled." I say, and we leave. With any luck, we can go back for his body but it's unrealistic to try to carry him with us now.

"Clear." The chorus of cleared rooms starts up again. But the tension is clearly getting to us.

"HEY! YOU!" I hear shouting and turn to look where several lights are focusing on a man. He's struggling with a Tommy gun, but I can tell from here that the safety is on. I almost feel bad as he is tackled and pinned to the floor.

I radio in our catch, and Tyler gives us a report on him.

"Hi there. Ed, right?" I ask in a fake sugar sweet voice. He stiffens at hearing his name.

"H-how do you know my name?" He asks cautiously as my teammate pinning him down loosens his grip a bit.

"We know all about you. I just wanna talk. Do you know where Silver is?" I ask, again in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"No. He'd kill me if I told you. I don't care what you do." He barely whispers, looking away. Well, this act isn't working, so I drop it.

"And who says we won't kill you first?" I ask deadpan with steady eyes. He looks at me in fear but then slightly glances behind me. Shit-

I attempt to turn just to get knocked into next week by strong fists. Chevy. I read up on him beforehand. Bad news if you have a normal body, but luckily for me, physical blows aren't a serious concern. Otherwise, I'd probably be dead right now.

"You're the bitch who tried to protect Fahrenheit. Do you have any idea what nearly happened to me because of you?" He snarls. Frank? He was there? Now that I think of it, I do remember him. If only Tyler were here right now...

"Come at me, shark boy," I beckon him closer

"I LOVE THAT MOVIE!" Comes an unfamiliar voice, and suddenly, two stretchy arms spring out from the darkness. W h y ? I can't get a break from these guys! With the three of them, we might have a problem. Luckily for us, tight spots are our specialty. If only I had noticed the inch of water at our feet was starting to shift....