26

Holy shit holy fuck holy heck they're here. Holy shit-

I can't even think clearly. It's one thing to fantasize about but I'm actually getting rescued. It took embarrassingly long to process but between Silvers even weirder than usual behavior, Stewart saying someone breached the compound, and the fact that I was pulled probably as far from the entrance as possible, it's obvious. Someone is here to rescue me.

Naturally I'm imaging my beautiful princess in shining armor, bursting through the door with bubble gum and a semi automatic machine gun. That said, it'd probably just someone boring, like slate. But buff men are better than psychopaths and I can't complain.

"Oh you are SO dead" I chuckle as Silver fumes. He can't kill me, not now. If he wants even the slightest fighting chance then he'll need to become a body heat vampire. It's like I have cheat codes. The grin on my face is getting wider and wider. This is a win win situation. There's no way for me to not come out of this. Even if he were to drain all the heat from my body, he'd be out of heat sources and they could stop him and revive me or something like that. I'm not entirely sure what the logic here is like, but I trust is wholeheartedly. Its hope. That's what it is.

"I'm not sure why you're so happy. Either your friends die, you die, or they leave you here." Silver retorts. Yeah, of course he would say that. But I don't even care. Its just fun to know he is completely powerless here. As soon as someone gets even close to us, I'm in for a world of hurt. But for now, he cant touch me. He needs me.

"I'm not sure why you're so confident here. Whether I live or die, you lose. They'll free everyone upstairs and you will lose all your power. Best case scenario, you start everything over and have to rebuild everything with everyone watching your every move. You're finished." I laugh. I might not win but I wont lose. Today, everything changes.

Silvers eyes are full of rage as he stares at me and I instinctively flinch at the sound of windchimes.

"Shut up." He hisses and turns away. So, he actually CAN control his anger if he wants. Cool. Wish he would have done that before but a'ight.

"S-sir? I think that th-theres someone outside..." Sullivan stutters like a little baby. I look to the door as Silver grabs my arm. Even through my sleeves and his gloves, the cold is sharp and sudden. The door swings open and the three stooges stumble through. Solomon, Chevy, and Education. Or something like that. Chevy is out cold, which I can appreciate. Dewart walks through the door next.

"You IDIOTS. Why are you here?" Silver demands.

"Bloop." Replies Donald.

"Ed. What happened." Silver deadpans as he lets go of me and motions for them to close the door. Eugene and Santiago put down chevy by the now closed door, then approach the three of us. Douglas soon followed.

"We jumped the agents that were coming this way. Threat neutralized." Elephant says, and silver barely hold back a laugh.

"So Chevy actually got involved. He just needed motivation after all" He snickers. Silvers right, Chevy does look pretty bad. Usually he just has tweedle dee and tweedle dumb do the dangerous stuff and hold the target still so he can hit them. Oh how the turn tables have rotated...

"How many were there?" Silver asks, removing his gloves and glancing backwards at me. I swear this blush is a permanent feature of mine, its nothing new. But even if it weren't, you cant blame me. Its not Stockholm syndrome. He's just so  ̶h̶o̶t̶   I mean the pose he is doing is, he, uh. Hey look, a butterfly.

"Uh, 8 I think. 5 elementals" He responds.

"You THINK? You don't know? YOU'LL LEAD THEM RIGHT TO US!" Silver snaps at him, and Samuel yelps as a sudden spike narrowly misses him and E. I'll be honest, its getting hard to purposely get their names all wrong. The harder I try, the harder it is to do.

"Stand outside and fight them. Either they will kill you or I will." Silver says in a low and threatening voice. I almost feel bad for them but without a word, they slowly back outside the door.

"Stanley. Barricade it." Silver demands and the nerd feebly tips shelves against the door. Like that will stop anyone. We sit in silence, with me propped against the wall. Silver is watching the door intently, his usual smirk replaced with a stone-cold expression and murderous eyes. I can hear Stanford's teeth chattering from here. I light the smallest flame to try to melt the cuffs. If I can at least put up a fight, then I have a higher chance of escaping this relatively unharmed. 

As soon as I am out of here, I am done with this. Mafias, drugs, street fights. All of it. I'm going to go open un unsuccessful autobody store in the middle of Louisiana or somewhere else that's slow and boring and dull. I'll settle down and have a long and boring life. They say there are two people, those who burn fast and bright and those who live a long a dull life. I think I'm done with the fast lane.

I hear faint noses of something outside and stiffen. I need to hurry it up...

The cuffs are beginning to soften. Slightly. I up the heat and watch the metal begin to burn then glow with heat. Since its beginning to melt, its turned soft. I carefully pull my hands apart and its like gliding a hot knife through cold butter. Kind of.

Just as I pull the chain apart, the door bangs open and a dozen people in dark uniforms pour through. Silver immediately grabs my arm with bare hands and I stifle a scream as he begins to drain my energy from me. I can handle this, I just need to wait for his grip to loosen so that I can pull away and run. Without me, he can't last long in a fight. It'll be ok. I watch my potential rescuers as I endure and as they are bombarded with blasts of ice spikes. It going to be ok.