00

Aoi Ego
Arcade, 11:20am

"This game is rigged" I exclaim after yet another defeat.

Hana shakes her head. "You really suck at this game! I don't understand why you're so obsessed with video games when you get upset every time you lose."

"I don't suck. Those types of game aren't for me." I pout. "Let me give another one a shot."

"Lol, no. Remember, we agreed to head to the bowling after this." She says, pulling me towards the second floor.

"That place is huge."

"I know, right? It's like they've got a little bit of everything!"

While I'm putting on the bowling shoes, I notice a group of men playing in the bowling lane adjacent to us. Strangely, I get the feeling that I've seen some of them somewhere before. It's a shame I don't have my glasses, my vision's terrible.

"Let's gaur!"

"You think you can outscore me?" I challenge Hana with a grin.

"Come on, seriously? You struggle with even simple video games." She teases, chuckling.

"Five bucks says I'll beat you."

"Fine, show me what you've got."

I roll my eyes playfully. "That was exactly my plan."

As I grasp the first ball, I step onto the piste. Just before releasing it, I stumble, missing my target and landing on the ground with a thud.

Hana's laughter fills the air as I bury my face in my arms, feeling a mix of embarrassment and amusement. "Oh, that was spectacular!"

Beside us, the guys on the neighboring bowling piste start cheering loudly. Looking up, I notice a guy with striking white hair also sprawled on the ground.

"At least you managed a strike." Hana says through her laughter, reaching out to help me up.

"Hey, I saw you take that fall. You alright?" A husky voice chimes in.

Standing before me is a tall, well-built man. I take a slight step back, realizing we're a bit closer than I expected. "Ahh, you saw me? How embarrassing" I mumble. "Yes, I'm okay. Thank you, for asking."

His fingers run through his shaggy purple hair, which has intriguing green tips. "No problem." He replies with a smirk before rejoining his friends.

I turn to Hana. "Waw!" I exclaim with a slight smile.

Hana put her palm before me before I could continue. "No, shut up." She says while grabbing another ball.

"He so fine!" I can't resist telling her.

"I knew you were going to say that and no he's not." She says as she throws her ball, missing three pins.

"I think I've found my new crush."  I say, covering my mouth with my right hand.

"Aoi, I swear your taste in men is so messed up." She rolls her eyes.