02

Aoi Ego
Blue lock, 11:00am

"I'm exhausted." I mumble.

"What did you expect? You got home at noon and then played video games. No wonder you only got four hours of sleep." Hana says, patting my back.

I push her hand away. "I wasn't even talking to you." I roll my eyes and she chuckles.

Hana and I enter the main hall, where it seems like everyone is already gathered. We find a corner and sit on the floor.

"He's about to give his long-winded speech." I comment, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my head on them.

"I swear this man talks to much." Hana adds.

I close my eyes. "Wake me up when he's done."

"Are you planning to sleep?" She asks.

"I'll give it a shot." I reply, already drifting off.

"Hey, look who's here!" She exclaims, shaking me abruptly.

I lift my head, annoyed by her sudden jolt. "What?"

"The U-20s are here too." She points.

I shoot her a death stare. "Fuck you." I sigh, annoyed. "I was about to fall asleep."

"Apologies."

~

"Hey Aoi! Get up!" I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I lift my head, squinting. "Mhm?"

"He's done talking. We need to join our team now." Hana informs me.

I nod, stretching my body. "Which team are you on?" I ask before she leaves.

"Manshine City. You're in Bastard München." She sighs. "I wrote him a whole essay to put us in the same team, but he's sticking to his decision."

"Why though? That's all I want to know." I stand up, frustrated by Ego's stubbornness.

"God knows." She shrugs. "Catch you later. And answer your phone when I call."

She waves goodbye, and I do the same. Looking around, it seems like almost everyone has already chosen their teams.

I glance over and see Noel Noa saying something I can't hear, then he enters a room.

I guess that's where I need to go. I follow my teammates inside. "An obstacle course, huh?" I mutter.

I turn to my left to see someone else saying the same thing.

A tall guy with pale blond hair stands next to me, smiling.

Seeing the countdown nearing zero, I quickly put my bag aside and walk to the starting line, still next to the pale blond guy.

When the countdown reaches zero, I mutter to myself. "Let's do this." And start running.

I love running, and a rush of adrenaline courses through me as I realize I'm leading the pack, with Bastard München players ahead of me and Blue Lock players following closely behind.

I smoothly pass the first and second zones, but upon reaching the third, I sense a presence behind me. A glance confirms spiky orange hair.

Ignoring him, I keep running ahead. The third zone involves a ladder sprint.

I slow down slightly to prevent any slips, but that's a mistake, as the orange-haired guy overtakes me.

"Damn it." I mumble, picking up my pace.

As the fourth zone approaches, I'm taken aback by the floating platform. "Wow!" I exclaim, then refocus on the race.

I don't let the surprise distract me, catching up to the orange-haired guy.

Surprisingly, I handle this part rather well, despite almost stumbling twice. At least I surpass the orange-haired competitor.

A sound reverberates in the room, and a message appears. Someone has finished already, probably someone from the Bastard München team.

I squint my eyes. "Kai...ser." I really should start wearing my glasses.

Finally, I reach the last zone—a ball dribbling and shooting challenge. I rush through the course as the orange-haired guy catches up.

I aim the goal and slam right in the highest score. "Yes!" I exclaim before sitting on the floor to catch my breath.

"Who are you?" A deep voice asks above me.

The orange-haired guy again. "Aoi. You?" I introduce myself, but he just walks away after giving me a glare. "Nice to meet you too, jerk." I grumble.

Glancing around, I spot Isagi. As he aims for the goal, another ball unexpectedly comes and knocks his ball off course.

"I wouldn't have let that slide if I was him." I tell myself, shaking my head.

A tall man with blue eyes and blond hair appears in front of Isagi, smirking.

Yeah, I already don't like him.