04

Aoi Ego
Blue Lock,11:20pm

The past ten days have been intense with all the practice, leaving me sleepless and sore every night. But on the bright side, I've been getting closer to the other players, except Kaiser – I still can't stand him.

My secret identity remains undiscovered, much to my surprise. I thought I'd be exposed within the first couple of days, but it hasn't happened yet.

Tomorrow marks our first match against Fc Barcha, one of the teams I originally wanted to join. It's frustrating to think about why I couldn't.

Hana's voice pulls me from my thoughts as she calls me on the phone. She looks exhausted as she yawns through the screen. "I'm going to sleep. I'm dead."

I nod. "Okay. Goodnight."

"Night, mate."

"Night, mate." She says before hanging up. We've been on FaceTime for two hours because I couldn't sleep, and now that she's gone, I still can't.

I open the lid of my ramen. "I've been waiting for this all day." I say before taking a first bite.

Ego brings me food every night after everyone else is asleep. It's the only time of day I can have a proper meal since my chest binder makes it hard to eat.

I prop my phone against my glass of water and continue watching the K-drama I started two days ago, Blind.

~

"No way!" I exclaim dramatically, covering my mouth. I turn the straw towards me to take a sip, keeping one eye on the screen. I nearly spit out my water when I see that my favorite character is the killer.

"Why? Why did it have to be you?" I whine in disappointment.

A husky voice startles me from behind. "Aoi?"

A flinch and let out a silent scream. I quickly grab my phone and turn on the flashlight.

Raichi is standing there, half-asleep and blinded by my phone's light.  "You scared the shit out of me." I yelp, my hands trembling.

"Why are you still up?" He asks as he pours himself a glass of water.

"Can't sleep." I answer. "You?"

"What am I doing? Just a bit of invisible juggling." He snorts, clearly annoyed by my question.

I roll my eyes and turn off the flashlight. "Do you know what time it is?" He asks as he sits beside me. I shake my head. "It's 3:00 am."

I check my phone, and he's right; it's indeed 3:00 am. "Oh," I whisper, completely unfazed.

"Hey, genius." He mutters, his tone filled with frustration. "It's 3 in the morning. If you want to perform decently in tomorrow's match, you better get some rest."

"Just go to sleep, bro." He advises, patting me on the back as we arrive in front of my room.

"Good night." I say before entering my room.

As I spot my chest binder under my bed, my eyes widen. I wasn't wearing it during my encounter with Raichi.
Did he notice? I don't think so... or maybe he did. But if he did, he surely would have said something, right? Or maybe he noticed but didn't say anything and will tell his friends?

I need to calm down. My boobs aren't that big; my chest size is 95C, and I was wearing a hoodie. We good. No worries.

~

"Looks like, we both are on the bench." I say, annoyed.

"Shut up." Raichi blurts out.

I pull my jacket's collar up to my nose and curl my knees up to my chest. I put my hands in my pockets and rest my head on Raichi's shoulder, but he roughly shoves me.

"Move, dude!" He grumbles, already irritated about not being on the pitch. "Ahh, this is so frustrating!" Igarashi sighs.

It's incredibly frustrating to be on the bench. Out of everyone in Blue Lock, the only one who made it onto the field is Kunigami. That rude guy – I wonder why Noa selected him when he doesn't want to play on a team.

I glance at Isagi; he also seems angry. I look back at the field, where everything is happening so fast. But I can tell that Bastard Munchen is leading the game. The passes, dribbles, everything is flawless, as if their strategy has been meticulously calculated.

As Gesner delivers a perfectly timed lob pass, I follow the ball with my eyes. "Kunigami?!" I exclaim, seeing him intercept the ball that wasn't meant for him.

"It was meant for Kaiser, right?" I ask Isagi. He nods, eyes glued to the pitch.

~

Jingo Raichi

No matter how hard I try, I can't stop thinking about what I saw last night. I don't know if I was half-asleep and imagining things, but I'm pretty sure I saw boobs. Aoi had boobs.

The zipper of their hoodie wasn't fully zipped, and I accidentally caught a glimpse. I'm not a pervert, but how the hell did he...or she manage not to get caught?

I need to ask Aoi about this because it might have been a dream or a mistake in the dark of the night.

I look at him; he's drinking water. "Hey, genius." I call him by the nickname I've given him.

"What?" He turns to me.

I move closer so no one else can hear. "Are you actually a girl?" I whisper in his ear.

Hearing my question, he nearly spit out their water. What am I supposed to make of that reaction?