07

Aoi Ego
Blue Lock, 6:00pm

"What are you two doing?" A voice rings out in the silence, and suddenly, Raichi has me in a chokehold.

"I was just sparring with her. I mean, him!" He says before tossing me aside and swiftly getting to his feet.

I quickly rise and rub my neck, shooting a glare at Raichi.

Ness nods, giving us a suspicious look. "Come on, it's time for dinner." He says before leaving.

As Raichi and I follow him, I playfully punch his shoulder and whisper, "Did you really have to toss me like that?" I whisper.

"Nah, I should've pushed you harder. My bad." He grins, and I shoot him another glare.

But now, reflecting on it, if Ness hadn't arrived, what might have happened?

I steal a glance at Raichi.

Would we have... kissed? Sigh. I guess I'll never know.

~

"I've figured out a way for us to sneak out of here." Hana whispers.

"No way! How?" I eagerly inquire.

She leans in closer. "Anri told me that if we want to get some fresh air or do something outside, we can just ask her, and she'll help us sneak out without Ego noticing." She whispers.

"Anytime?"

"Only at night, because that's when Ego isn't glued to his screens." She explains.

"That sounds so cool. I was getting tired of being cooped up in here." I breathe a sigh of relief. "What do you say about a nighttime adventure?" I ask her enthusiastically.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm exhausted from all the training."

"Please, I don't want to go alone." I implore.

"Where would you even go? We're in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains."

"I don't know. I just feel like going for a walk at night." I respond, frustrated by her laziness.

"I'll go alone then."

"Can't you wait one more day?"

I shake my head. "No, I want to go tonight."

"What time is it?" She asks me.

I check my phone and show it to her. "11:50 pm."

"Gosh, I've got to go." She stands up but I remain lying on the pitch.

"Have a nice walk." She waves goodbye to me and waves back at her. "Bye."

~

I zip up my jacket, pull the hood over my head, and, after making sure my roommates are asleep, I silently exit the room, following Hana's instructions.

I glance at my left hand, where I've written the way to the exit, and it tells me to turn right one last time.

Now, I'm facing a closed door, and as I'm about to enter the PIN code, something snatches my hood off my head.

I quickly put both hands on my mouth to stifle a scream and fall to the ground in fear.

"What are you doing?" A husky voice asks me, sounding amused.

Breathing heavily, I lift my head and see Shidou's smirk. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, getting up quickly.

"I asked first." He says, tilting his head to the right.

I roll my eyes. "It's none of your business."

"You're going out? Can I come?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Who said I was going out?"

"Then let's go back to our dorms then."

I sigh. "Fine. You can come."

He whisper a 'yes' and follow me outside. A cold breeze brushes against my face. The night sky is dark, covered by cirrus clouds.

"Wahh, I haven't had fresh air in so long." Shidou exclaims.

I start walking carefully to avoid tripping, leaving him behind. "Hey, wait for me." He catches up and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"You know, I never thought I'd be going on a date with you."

"What the heck are you talking about? This isn't a date!" I retort, pushing his arm away.

"You must be stressed. Don't worry, you can be yourself with me." He winks.

I sigh loudly. "Shut the fuck up. Please."

~

"Why is it so cold?" I complain.

"Do you want my hoodie?" Shidou offers.

I nod, and he takes off his hoodie, handing it to me. He zips it up for me. "Thanks." I smile, putting my hands in the pockets.

"It looks good on you." He compliments.

His words make me smile even more. "Thank you."

"We should probably head back now. It's almost five." He says, taking my hand and putting it in his pants pocket, leading the way back to Blue Lock.

"Ugh, I don't to go back." I whine.

We silently walk back to the building. As we pass through the hallway, I hear footsteps approaching us.

I grab Shidou's arm, pull him into a corner, and cover his mouth. "Shh." I whisper.

"What is it Ness?" I recognize Kaiser's voice.

"I think I saw someone." Ness's voice gets closer to us.

"Who?"

"I don't know."

"We don't have time for this, let's go." Kaiser grunts.

"Okay."

I wait for the footsteps to fade away before removing my hand from Shidou's mouth.

"I kinda liked having your hands on my face." He says.

I look up a bit to glare at me. "Damn...stop looking at me like that. It's turning me on." He grins.

"Ew!" I push him away and move out of the tight corner.

"I love you!" He whispers.

I show him my middle finger, laughing. "I hate you, jerk!"